Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Video Games

Video Games We play them, and we know you do. Discuss games ranging from Custard's Revenge to Burnout Revenge here.

Old 08-29-2015, 11:38 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

So now that I have all the collectibles and know the whole story there's really only one thing that bothers me about the story

Spoiler:  
there seems to be no good reason for Hannah to have died. Granted, she had a broken leg but she was down there for a LONG time. It takes Emily like half an hour to figure a way out and Hannah couldn't have done that in the 30 days she was down there and still "Hannah"? I wonder if she had a developmental disability or something since mental issues run in the family.

Or the Flamethrower Guy didn't see her while he was hunting Wendigo? Maybe the Flamethrower Guy has an explanation in the "events of the past" video but I don't have all of that video unlocked yet so I haven't watched it.

Speaking of the Flamethrower Guy, is it possible to successfully pass the "don't move" QTE with him and Chris when they go back to the shed to rescue Josh? I definitely kept my controller still and it still registered a movement. I assume Flamethrower dies there no matter what.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:21 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

I got to chapter 9 yesterday.

Spoiler: spoiling 
The Josh twist was really given away in the final moments before they revealed it huh? Still, I liked it and it was true to the spirit they're going for. I loved all the ghost stuff with Ashley and Chris. The jump scares there were really great.

The wendigo stuff came from so far out of left field...but I guess everything has to be supernatural at some point so sure. The wendigo hunter dude died QUICK for me because the don't move sensor is so sensitive.

Speaking of mechanics...doesn't it feel like the choices and actions really take a nosedive once you hit the sanatorium with Mike? Up until then it feels like you're making choices and butterfly effects every minute, then it turns into a lot more exploring.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:40 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

I think that's partly because a lot of behaviors later on are predicated on what you do early in the game, it's not completely binary. That said, I started a "everybody dies" play through yesterday (you can start at Episode 6) and butterflies were popping off all the time. It's interesting how there are entire sections of the game you can miss depending on what you do.

This will be the first platinum trophy I get. I don't know what it is about this game but I really love it. I guess it's basically a discarded PS Move game? I hope it does well enough that the dev team is able to make more games like this, maybe in different genres.

Last edited by gravedigger; 08-31-2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:00 PM
Shut up, crime!

Got that Platinum.

So I think I've seen all outcomes from Big Decisions but I know there are still some things I haven't seen because of routes taken and smaller choices. I think I'm done with this one for a while but I see myself coming back to try those smaller things eventually.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:44 PM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

How many playthroughs did it take you to platinum, gravedigger?
Old 09-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Shut up, crime!

Two and a half, because I went spoiler free on my first playthrough. If you're really good* you can do it in one and a half.

*or don't care about surprises and just use a spoiler guide from the start
Old 09-05-2015, 02:34 PM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Cool. I'd probably go spoiler free the first time even though I've watched quite a bit of the game.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:52 PM
Shut up, crime!

I think it's the only way to go on the first playthrough. I think it's neat how the collectibles actually add to the story and dialogue as you collect them. At the end when I was skipping everything, the kids were really dumb and had no idea what was going on.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:35 PM
fucking loves magic

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

beat it. Loved it. Replaying it.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:45 PM
fucking loves magic

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

fucked up near the end
  Spoiler: spoilers 
Mike, Matt, and Jessica survived. Killed the cheerleader because I twitched while trying to hold the controller still. Murdered the fuck outta Emily because FUCK HER. Ashley died because I just had to see what was in the trap door. Chris died because fuck non-inverted controls.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Shut up, crime!

Re: the last death- YEP.

Spoiler: "1st run survivors 
on my first playthrough, jessica ate it because I panic and went to run instead of hide and stay still like I should have. Fuckin' dummy.

What did you think of the twist with Josh? And the reveal of the wendigos? I guess it's inevitable that there always has to be a supernatural thing but I thought it was handled very well within the world that was built. It's dumb you have to get the whole story through collectibles but they really put together a history that explains things nicely.

I'm glad you liked it, Rob. I'm really kind of surprised how much I loved this game. I'm not as big on the horror genre in general but, man, it just hit a sweet spot.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:00 PM
fucking loves magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Re: the last death- YEP.

Spoiler: ["1st run survivors 
on my first playthrough, jessica ate it because I panic and went to run instead of hide and stay still like I should have. Fuckin' dummy.

What did you think of the twist with Josh? And the reveal of the wendigos? I guess it's inevitable that there always has to be a supernatural thing but I thought it was handled very well within the world that was built. It's dumb you have to get the whole story through collectibles but they really put together a history that explains things nicely.

I'm glad you liked it, Rob. I'm really kind of surprised how much I loved this game. I'm not as big on the horror genre in general but, man, it just hit a sweet spot.
I loved it.

Spoiler: spoilers 
the twist with Josh was telegraphed SO EARLY but because they focused so much on that I completely forgot about the Wendigo hunter guy. so when he popped up and was like "EAT HUMAN = CREEPY MONSTER I was completely in. like so in. And in my playthrouhg I got a shot of the wendigo with the tattoo which Lesley didn't get and that was awesome because it was wayyyy before the reveal. It was neat. I loved trying to kill people, FUCK YOU EMILY, but I'm still completely bummed Chris died. In Ceej's playthrough my only goal is to svae Matt/Chris/Ashley.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:01 PM
fucking loves magic

In all this felt like a Brian Keene novel. WHICH WAS GREAT.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Shut up, crime!

Whoa, how did you get that shot?!

Spoiler:  
i didn't get an early shot of the tattoo anywhere but put together the fate of both twins as Emily found their stuff in the mine. And then that journal Sam found sealed the deal right before Hannah pops up in the water. What a sad story for the twins. Speaking of, did you grab the journal by the waterwheel before Sam and Mike meet up with Josh? It changes Josh's fate quite a bit.

Such a good game. So happy I grabbed it at release.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:28 PM
Shut up, crime!

Also, Emily SUUUUUUUCKS.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Emily is a fucking monster.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:04 AM
fucking loves magic

Figured out how to get audio with the jump scares. Drunken playthroughs are the best.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:09 AM
Shut up, crime!

So basically your wife and your best friend are no longer in touch with their basic fight or flight instincts. I guess it'll suck when they're some of the first taken by the zombie apocalypse but there's still a place for you here at the compound, Rob.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:14 AM
fucking loves magic

the videos of just Lesley are the best. NO MOVEMENT AT ALL.

Fuck, I know what's coming and I still jump like a punk.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:16 AM
Shut up, crime!

So the one that made me jump up and almost punch my TV was

Spoiler: chapter 7, maybe? 
the scary ghost that pops up in the basement after you unlock the dollhouse with Ashley and Chris

THREE TIMES I went through that spot and it got me EVERY TIME.