Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Video Games

Video Games We play them, and we know you do. Discuss games ranging from Custard's Revenge to Burnout Revenge here.

Old 05-20-2015, 12:40 PM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Hope to start this later today. I want to get some play in before Supernatural.

Sorry about the Rockets, Billy (Warriors fan here).
Old 05-20-2015, 01:17 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fil View Post
Hope to start this later today. I want to get some play in before Supernatural.

Sorry about the Rockets, Billy (Warriors fan here).
If Dwight hadn't banged his knee and/or Josh Smith didn't go stone hands under the basket on Harden passes we would have stole that game. That said, thrilled that our defense was there for all but that 4 minute run in the second.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:13 PM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

So, I like the game so far, but I think I'm in the Gertsmann/Shoemaker camp of the controls and battle system just not feeling good. It's frustrating the hell out of me. I feel like I may be playing the game wrong.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Nah. Controls are sticky icky.

Eww wee
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:22 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

The weight of Geralt is crazy. It's GTA but with 50lbs plates on his ankles. Takes a second to get going but then he overruns everything because he can't stop. It's still incredible.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:04 PM
Fleshlight King

Played like seven hours today. Fuck. This game is incredible.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:00 AM
Fleshlight King

Played enough of this over the weekend that I had to charge my PS4 controller mid-game three times. I don't even know how to talk about it without dropping insane amounts of spoilers. The story telling in this game is incredible. So meticulous, and everything connects. I did a LONG series of secondary missions with Trish that connected with the main quests I was also working on, just bouncing between depending on what I thought made the most sense for the story...and jesus. The differences that can happen depending on your choices are insane. I will find some time to write up some changes I've found out talking it over with friends.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:23 AM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

Hoping to get into this tonight.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Fleshlight King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Hoping to get into this tonight.
Just a word of warning, consider all the time you spend in White Orchard to be tutorial. When you can leave to Velen and do work for the Baron the game opens up a LOT more. My recommendation though? Go back to White Orchard and find all the points of power. You will get free talent points and a little boost to your early game build.

Also, yeah fire SEEMS good for humans. Naw, force push. If they fall it's one shot kill on them.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
Just a word of warning, consider all the time you spend in White Orchard to be tutorial. When you can leave to Velen and do work for the Baron the game opens up a LOT more. My recommendation though? Go back to White Orchard and find all the points of power. You will get free talent points and a little boost to your early game build.

Also, yeah fire SEEMS good for humans. Naw, force push. If they fall it's one shot kill on them.
  Spoiler: So Bill, what'd you think about ye olde Bloody Baron and... 
...the flying dead baby spirit?

What balls they have, CD Projekt, to go for something so fucked and hilarious looking.
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:10 PM
The red capes are coming

Currently on what I think is the endgame. I like the game, but I was getting burnt out on all the side missions. Had been playing a lot of gwent as well for all the damn cards. I think I started too late though, some people are gone now and I can't win their cards I think, like the Baron.

The hanging out with your Witcher buddies mission has probably been my favorite so far. Everyone seems to be in love with the Bloody Baron quest, I thought it was decent, not the best mission in an RPG ever. I definitely don't pity the Baron as everyone else seems to. I also didn't get the shocking ending most people seemed to have gotten
  Spoiler: Spoiler 
Baron hanging himself. My Baron went off to try to cure his wife.

Also, Cirilla > Geralt. Her blink/teleport move makes controlling her a lot better than sluggish ass Geralt. I'm liking the game a lot, other than the fighting/control, especially enjoying the endgame so far.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:01 AM
Fleshlight King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Russ View Post
  Spoiler: So Bill, what'd you think about ye olde Bloody Baron and... 
...the flying dead baby spirit?

What balls they have, CD Projekt, to go for something so fucked and hilarious looking.
That was the most fucked up monster I think I have ever seen. Horrifying. And my ending of the Baron was the same as Fil's. So, anyone figure out how Letho fits into the world? It's pretty outstanding.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:45 AM
The red capes are coming

Finished last night. Good game, despite my problems with it.

Spoiler: My Ending Spoiler 
My Cirilla became a Witcher in the end. My Geralt romanced Yennifer and Triss, had a funny mission before the end dealing with the consequences of that decision.

I need to youtube the other endings. So close to a platinum, but I'd have to replay the game on the hardest difficulty
Old 06-03-2015, 11:36 AM
The red capes are coming

Oh yeah, one more thought, The Witcher 3 was white as fuck. Maybe I missed them, but I don't think I encountered any non whites in the game. Maybe Yennifer was Latina. I could hear one of my heavy accented family members pronouncing "Jennifer" like this.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Fleshlight King

Yeah, the universe is white as shit. Dude is Polish and wrote it as fantasy Poland/Sweden.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:16 AM
Fleshlight King

Thought I was at the end of the game, and nope. Seems to be quite a bit more left to do and see! I was going to power through so I could start Batman Tuesday, but I am just going to take my time and grab Batman this weekend. Made my Mastercrafted Feline gear last night though.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:22 PM
Fleshlight King

Got some ultra rare trophies tonight! WOO. Apparently I have done every single Witcher contract in the game. All the side quests I have left have to do with boxing, Gwent, or horse racing. Hopefully be done tomorrow.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:54 AM
Fleshlight King

Beat it last night. Wish I could see my actual play time, but the counter in game counts all the time spent on stand-by. This is one of the best games I have ever played. Just, full stop. One of the best. Even with the terrible horse controls and shit inventory system, it just doesn't detract one bit. If any developer ever says they are making a "cinematic experience" and they aren't looking at what Witcher does to tell a story, and make cut scenes so damn good then they aren't making shit. And the last 20 minutes? God. So good. It evokes Red Dead Redemption a bit, but it generated a nostalgia in me. Which is crazy because this game is a month old!

I have a few towns with notice boards to go visit, but I have completed all my Witcher contracts. I have a couple very low level quests in Skellige I didn't get to I will go back and finish. Otherwise I have all the boxing, racing, Gwent quests which I don't think I will bother with. But I have probably only a quarter of all the question marks on my map explored. And I am sure there are plenty not shown on the map too! I will probably find myself happily riding Roach around and soaking in how fucking beautiful this game is.

One WEIRD bug right at the end though. You're in a big army encampment, and I walked out of a tent and decided to brew whatever new potions I had materials for. So I did. Then all of a sudden a bunch of level 47 soldiers aggro on me and I have like 12 guys chasing me! What in the fuck is that about?
Old 06-24-2015, 08:08 AM
fucking loves magic

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I'm stillllll soooooo on the fence with trying this game. I wasn't a huge fan of the first two and I fear that because I'm not big into fantasy I won't like it. But then posts like yours have me question that. Basically I'm saying, SEND ME YOUR GAME WHEN YOU ARE DONE SO I CAN TRY IT.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:27 AM
Fleshlight King

IM JUST A DIGITAL BOY LIVING IN A DIGITAL WORLD

This game is light years beyond the first two games. Witcher 1 sucked. Straight up. Witcher 2 was WAY too difficult and gave no help in teaching you about the game.

But man. Witcher 3. This shit is something else. I honestly just want to walk around the world. But the story telling in this game is so amazing. I will be honest, if you're on the fence I say turn down the difficulty and just soak in the story. You can still die quick if you're not paying attention, but it won't be as unforgiving as the default difficulty. I say wait until it's dropped in price and try it, because you're not huge into fantasy.