Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Television

Television Television is the food of the gods.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:15 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Who was the guy Stick was talking to at the end of episode 7? Would I know who it is if I had read DD religiously back in the day?

WTFFFF to Kingpin's episode. Wow.
Probably Stone, his other pupil.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:17 PM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

About 6 episodes into this so far. I believe we meet Stick in the next episode. I really dig it and hope Kingpin is in more of the episodes going further. He's the best part of the show not named Rosario Dawson.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:21 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Yeah, Stick was episode 7 and it was probably the best episode yet. Until you get to episode 8 with Kingpin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Russ View Post
Probably Stone, his other pupil.
Does Stone end up being a bad guy? They only showed his back (all scarred up) and long dark hair. It seemed like he was colluding with Stick but was in charge.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:41 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Nah, he's a good guy.

Even brought Elektra back for ol' Matty at one point.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:43 AM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Definitely not enough Rosario Dawson. I like the show but I was bored at times. Vincent D'Onofrio was great.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:00 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Old 10-23-2015, 09:13 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

It's nice that Marvel is doing more feel-good, family stuff.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:30 AM
is fancy

I want more Flash like shows and less GrimDarkDareDevil shows.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:04 AM
Shut up, crime!

But it's Mopey JANE, not Mopey JOE. Totally different!

I mean, I'll still check it out but I would be much more interested in, like, a Damage Control show or something.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:08 AM
is fancy

Yeah, I can't wait for that show. That sounds like it could be pretty entertaining. Oh well, only a few more months before Legends of Tomorrow
Old 10-23-2015, 10:15 AM
Shut up, crime!

Wait, is there really going to be a Damage Control show?!
Old 10-23-2015, 10:19 AM
is fancy

yeah man! I posted about it a while back. I'm excited.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:41 AM
Shut up, crime!

Maybe I knew that and completely forgot? That title was the first that popped in my head when I was trying to think of something superhero related that was always goofy. That's great news!
Old 10-23-2015, 12:10 PM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Jessica Jones looks good, but I hope it doesn't drag like Daredevil did for me.

Damage Control sounds fun.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:12 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
It's nice that Marvel is doing more feel-good, family stuff.

That's the beauty of Marvel.

They have a wide spectrum of material. It's just that the darker and bigger is selling first.

There are plans for lighter and sooner than you think.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 11-21-2015, 07:05 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

Ok, 2 episodes in, Jessica Jones is fucking awesome. Sadly working nights, so back at it Monday....
Old 11-22-2015, 09:21 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

I watched the first 3. I like it. The dialog and interactions in the very first 15 minutes are SO bad though that I almost turned it off. Like, they saw that, took everyone back and changed the approach but didn't have the budget to re-shoot that stuff.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:47 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
I watched the first 3. I like it. The dialog and interactions in the very first 15 minutes are SO bad though that I almost turned it off. Like, they saw that, took everyone back and changed the approach but didn't have the budget to re-shoot that stuff.

Most of the pilot was the original ABC script from 2010/2011 that the series showrunner wrote and seemingly fell in love with during the initial setup. Once it gets past there, it picks up.

I do have more issues with this series than I did with Daredevil. But, I'll wait to bring them up until after everyone has made it through the series.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 11-22-2015, 04:39 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

So far I like it MORE than Daredevil, but again, I thought DD had up and downs.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:51 PM
is fancy

first episode of Jones was decent. Not rushing to finish and will be taking my time. Definitely not a binge show for me.