Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Video Games

Video Games We play them, and we know you do. Discuss games ranging from Custard's Revenge to Burnout Revenge here.

Old 06-24-2015, 02:41 PM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

then you get to download the 3 gig patch! GAMING IS GREAT!
Old 06-24-2015, 04:57 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

It will just download automatically since I bought digital. When I got home it was all done and sitting on stand-by for me.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:23 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

The Batmobile is dumb but what is REALLY FUCKING DUMB is the default control scheme. How did anything think that was a good idea? At least you can change it, I guess.

Anyway, this is pretty fun so far outside of being forced to use the car every once in a while. The new Fear takedown thing is neat.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:53 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Yeah, fear takedowns are awesome. And who thought that default was ever OK for the Batmobile?! I am really not liking how you're forced into puzzle solving with the Batmobile. Hopefully it doesn't remain such a ridiculous requirement. I want to play as Batman, not his car, and I feel like I've spent half the time so far in the Batmobile.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:32 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Yeah, reviews seem to be nothing but bitching about the car which kind of sucks. Holding off on this until it's like 20 bucks or on steam sale since I enjoyed these games, but they're not instant buys for me since they're all the same and pretty much interchangeable.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:45 AM
Fleshlight King

There does seem to be quite a bit more detective style stuff, at least in the early couple hours. I really love it when I am in control of Batman, but the Batmobile just isn't doing it for me. And the tutorial really kind of doesn't exist in this game, which is weird! Like, I was into big fist fights without much of a tutorial. The AR missions kind of hid the tutorials with a bonus in that you get a skill point for each one completed. That's a damn good idea.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:41 AM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Played the Harley Quinn DLC, it was really short. Took me about 20-30 minutes to finish. It was okay, she has a new mechanic that Batman and Family don't. It's basically unlimited 1 hit takedowns for a certain amount of time.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:43 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
Yeah, fear takedowns are awesome. And who thought that default was ever OK for the Batmobile?! I am really not liking how you're forced into puzzle solving with the Batmobile. Hopefully it doesn't remain such a ridiculous requirement. I want to play as Batman, not his car, and I feel like I've spent half the time so far in the Batmobile.

Wait until some of the Riddler Challenges. That was the only time that the Batmobile became really fucking needed for no real reason other than to force it into play.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 06-25-2015, 10:44 AM
getting ready for summer

I read last night that her DLC was terrible, like the writing was really, really, bad.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:30 AM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Yeah, the Harley DLC's story isn't good.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:31 AM
Fleshlight King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
Wait until some of the Riddler Challenges. That was the only time that the Batmobile became really fucking needed for no real reason other than to force it into play.
I've never done any of the Riddler stuff. Just found it tedious since the first game.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:39 AM
getting ready for summer

Love that WB stopped the selling of pc versions.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:44 AM
The red capes are coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
I've never done any of the Riddler stuff. Just found it tedious since the first game.
I think the first Riddler Challenge requiring the Batmobile pops up as a main story mission. You can probably skip the rest of them if
  Spoiler: Spoiler 
you don't want to free Catwoman.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:53 AM
getting ready for summer

you beat the game yet Fil?
Old 06-25-2015, 12:02 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fil View Post
I think the first Riddler Challenge requiring the Batmobile pops up as a main story mission. You can probably skip the rest of them if
  Spoiler: Spoiler 
you don't want to free Catwoman.

I'm trying to free Catwoman. The racing with the Batmobile is rather easy. It's having to remote control it, hit a pressure plate and keep swatting back and forth.

All the while on balance boards.

That's a bit much.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:53 PM
The red capes are coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
you beat the game yet Fil?
Not yet. I'm at around 60% story wise and 50 something% total. I read there are a few endings. I guess the true ending doesn't unlock until you hit 100% so I'm trying to do all the side stuff now along with the story instead of going back after I finish the story.

Quote:
I'm trying to free Catwoman. The racing with the Batmobile is rather easy. It's having to remote control it, hit a pressure plate and keep swatting back and forth.

All the while on balance boards.

That's a bit much.
Yeah, this one took me a while. The next non racing one is a pain as well. The racing ones are a pain if you try to 3 star the challenge version of the race that unlocks after you finish it the first time.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:59 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Not yet. I'm at around 60% story wise and 50 something% total. I read there are a few endings. I guess the true ending doesn't unlock until you hit 100% so I'm trying to do all the side stuff now along with the story instead of going back after I finish the story.

Yeah, this one took me a while. The next non racing one is a pain as well. The racing ones are a pain if you try to 3 star the challenge version of the race that unlocks after you finish it the first time.

Same here. My big issue is finding all of the firefighters and the remaining tied up bodies.

Everything else has been rather easy to find.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:25 PM
The red capes are coming

Quote:
Same here. My big issue is finding all of the firefighters and the remaining tied up bodies.

Everything else has been rather easy to find.
Yeah, the bodies have been going slow for me, the firefighters I cleared the first and most of the second islands quickly, but I still need to find most of the ones on the third island now. I'd glide a lot hoping they would pop up, with and without detective mode on. Opened up the bridges to the third island last night, so now I can clear the tanks and drones with the batmobile.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:42 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Yeah, the bodies have been going slow for me, the firefighters I cleared the first and most of the second islands quickly, but I still need to find most of the ones on the third island now. I'd glide a lot hoping they would pop up, with and without detective mode on. Opened up the bridges to the third island last night, so now I can clear the tanks and drones with the batmobile.

Yeah, were the drones and the random bombs supposed to be hard? They're way easier than I thought they'd be.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:17 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Is there a tell to the firefighters? I keep going to where there are riots but no one is ever there. I've only found the first guy who is impossible to miss since he's set up as a mission.