Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Television

Television Television is the food of the gods.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas
Default The Americans

You guys, this show is pretty good. Good actors, good attention to detail of the era the show is set in, and great music choices. The only thing I'm not sure about at this point is how old Keri Russell's character is supposed to be because they show her in training around 20 YEARS before the show takes place.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:09 PM
It's All A Deep End

PHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandas

I posted The Who's Eminence Front music video in the "What are you listening to?" thread a few days ago in preparation for this show's premiere. The music was mainly the thing that got my attention. that and espionage. Well it worked. I watched it and am totally on board for the rest of it. Especially after the last scenen in the pilot. I even stopped watching the dvr recording before they gave a brief preview of what is to come this season. Keri Russell kicking ass was hot.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:17 PM
It's All A Deep End

PHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
You guys, this show is pretty good. Good actors, good attention to detail of the era the show is set in, and great music choices. The only thing I'm not sure about at this point is how old Keri Russell's character is supposed to be because they show her in training around 20 YEARS before the show takes place.
She's 37 in real life. On the show it's supposed to be the early 80's. The flashbacks are in the 60's when she was supposed to be 16. Adds up to me.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

She's 37?!?! Daaaamn, Felicity doing good for herself.

And, yeah, that last scene was aces. I was nervous he was going to make noise and then that silhouette happened. Man, good stuff.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:59 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Show is the fucking goods. I was hooked about 10 minutes in. I was having espionage dreams after watching it.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:23 AM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Soooooooooo I know what I'm torrenting today.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:21 AM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Location: Somewhere around the moon, New York City and your sister
FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

Pretty fucking great.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:58 AM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Wasn't bad but didn't grab me yet. Will give it another 2 episodes. However, I can't deal with the main guy's face. He looks like a reject from the underground plastic surgery lab from Escape from L.A.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:49 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Damn this show is good. I loved Stan coming over to Phillips place, and not knowing if he is fucking with him, or just being a good neighbor. "We lived in the city, you know, 1st, 2nd, Lincoln, Washington." I mean come the fuck on, that's SO GOOD. And it seems that every episode I am going to see some super 80s shit from my childhood that makes me crack up. Tonight it was the god awful salmon paint in the kitchen.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Shut up, crime!

That terrible winter coat Keri Russell wears.

I like this show a lot. It's somehow reassuring that even when he's playing a good guy, Noah Emmerich is still a total dick. That caviar scene with Phillip was tense as hell.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:42 AM
Fleshlight King

Tense as hell episode. Really like how they wrapped a story around Reagan being shot, and finally gave us that feeling of how close we came to war so many times.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:09 AM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I tried and just cannot get into this show. I hate the main guy's face so much I can't deal.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:34 AM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

You sound like my mother.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:36 AM
is ready for turkey

I bet your mom is awesome. I'm also not a fan of Keri Russell. I'm actually relieved that I'm not into this show as I have so many other shows to stay up on. I'm already a month behind on Justified
Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 AM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

You would be right, she is. Keri Russell was good in MI3. She sold the brainbomb pretty well. Also behind on Tales from Raylanland.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Shut up, crime!

Hey guys! Hey! What number am I thinking of? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, nailed it!
Old 02-27-2014, 10:15 AM
Fleshlight King

Quote:
Hey guys! Hey! What number am I thinking of? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, nailed it!
That girl won't ever be the same.

Solid start to the season. That hotel room. Man.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:01 AM
Shut up, crime!

I only got to watch up to that commercial break but I like that they've reunited the team. And, yeah, I think it would be traumatic enough seeing just standard relations but seeing that is probably another level altogether.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Shut up, crime!

The middle of this season kind of dragged on but once Beecher showed up it really took off. The past few eps have been nuts and the finale next week looks like it will be a barn burner.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Fleshlight King

Quote:
The middle of this season kind of dragged on but once Beecher showed up it really took off. The past few eps have been nuts and the finale next week looks like it will be a barn burner.
They're gonna have to kill their kid.