Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Television

Television Television is the food of the gods.

Old 01-03-2016, 04:54 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

So, anyone else is liking The Expanse?

Cause episode 4 was the fucking BOMB. For those who thought it was a bit slow, well, we finally got ship-to-ship rail gun battle, and Battlestar Galactica can fuck right up. It's what I loved about that series: while being space opera, it's still damn close to what space battle would realistically be, at least compared to all the others in most mediums, be it book, movies or TV series.

And Thomas Jane and his haircut are killing it.

Spoiler: Very mild spoilers that might excite you 
Can't wait to see how the body horror stuff is gonna come out later on....
Old 01-03-2016, 09:14 AM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

We've been DVR'ing THE EXPANSE with the idea of binge watching it later on. I've heard it's pretty damned great, and I happened (by pure luck) to see some of that space battle the other day. It was pretty damned awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 01-03-2016, 10:13 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

I gotta catch up on Expanse, I love the first book, but I probably won't until the first season is done.

And I am on episode 6 of Making a Murderer. SO PISSED.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:35 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

Have you read the rest? Cause it is killer, and non-redundant. Shit, book 5 is outstanding.

And I'm officially avoiding that Murderer thing.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:03 PM

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

You need to watch MAKING A MURDERER, Martin. It's blowing up the internetz right now.
Quote:
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Old 01-03-2016, 01:57 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Nah, it's just gonna make me really angry. I know myself.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Have you read the rest? Cause it is killer, and non-redundant. Shit, book 5 is outstanding.

And I'm officially avoiding that Murderer thing.
Naw, my friend is actually their literary agent and she sent them to me. Just slow to get to them.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:53 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I watched this ridiculous reality show last night called Superhumans on FOX. Most of it was ridiculous, but some of these people were legit awesome. The way some of these people's brains worked blew my fucking mind. The guy with the stereoscopic eyesight was mind blowing. Like dude had to look at two patterns that were the exact same with over 18k colored squares on it. Then he had to be blindfolded. Then the host randomly changed 3 squares on one of the patterns and this fucking guy (from like 30 feet away) totally was able to pinpoint the exact 3 squares that were changed. Fucking incredible.

Also, Superstore is legit fucking hilarious. The sex doll this week had me rolling.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:29 AM

Holy shit.

If this is true, then it's a bombshell for MAKING A MURDERER. It definitely provides ammunition to get Steve Avery a new trial.

http://www.today.com/popculture/maki...-system-t65161
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-05-2016, 09:41 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I thought that was basically known and was said in the doc? That's the impression we got from it based on the guilty/not guilty verdicts.

This whole thing is a cluster.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:52 AM

Also, we started watching MARCO POLO (Netflix) the other night. We're exactly halfway through it and it's pretty good. The first episode is kinda rough (it's got too many notes in it...too many characters, too many plotlines, and too fast of a pace), but it gets into a groove in episode two and starts to focus on plotlines and resolve them.

The nudity factor is quite high. Good God...there's one gals that is naked for 90% of her screentime (and has a pretty damned good naked kung fu fight in the second episode).

There's a really cool fighting trainer who's blind...he trains Marco Polo and is also an advisor to Khan. He's definitely the standout character, and he even got a Christmas special in advance of Season 2. I'm looking forward to watching that when we finish S1.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-05-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
I thought that was basically known and was said in the doc? That's the impression we got from it based on the guilty/not guilty verdicts.

This whole thing is a cluster.
The excused juror hinted that shit was fishy, but he got excused before the determination of guilt took on a barter system similar to what a group would do when deciding on pizza toppings.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

I think that same bartering happened during my first trial. It was a fuckin' mess. But, financial crimes are a lot different from, you know, murder.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

I really wish 11.22.63 was on something other than Hulu.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:01 PM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Finished Making a Murderer. What a fucking nightmare for those two.

Started Longmire a couple weeks ago. Started season 3 last night. I like the show but it's not as good as I heard it was. I find it a more interesting when the episodes focus on Native Americans and the reservation. The mystery of his wife is picking up so that's interesting as well. Nice seeing Starbuck though.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:19 PM

A really interesting post on the dna testing that was done in MaM: http://chadsteele.blogspot.com/2016/...ce-in.html?m=1
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Shut up, crime!

Yeah, I think the DNA stuff is where I literally started yelling at the TV. The derivation from protocol thing is so patently INSANE I don't know how the judge allowed it to be introduced, never mind why the prosecution wanted it to be used. we know why but I mean a legit investigative team wouldn't have used it.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:35 AM
getting ready for summer

Checked out the first episode of the new season of American Crime. Not bad. Wasn't a huge fan of the first season but I dug this episode. Hopefully it doesnt' shit the bed.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:48 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Weird. FXX sent two episodes to screen for Sunny and neither one was the one that aired last night.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 01-08-2016, 07:54 AM
getting ready for summer

that was a pretty funny episode of Sunny. Frank's flag was great.

"Yeah, I didn't think about it when I made it"
"Yeah, I think you did."