Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Films on DVD or Blu

Films on DVD or Blu If you can buy it or own it, post about them here.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:51 AM
ONE. HAPPY. BASTARD.

Mike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford.

Seeing it again tonight with fresh eyes, it is an amazing film. Melancholic, introspective, and most of all, it is an astounding character study that manages to not only construct fully realized subjects to act out the events of history, but to mold them into a deconstruction of celebrity, the resultant fictions manufactured for public consumption, the wounded truths untold, the banality of living beyond one's glory days, and the toll exacted on those trapped or enamored with the mechanisms that urge the fabrication of legend and myth.

I'll say it again, it is an amazing film.
Parts were shot in Winnipeg. They blocked off entire parts of downtown and remade it into a western town. We hid in a restaurant that was supposed to be closed but we knew the owners and he let us hide. Got some really great pics of Brad Pitt being all cowboy-ish!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

pics or it didnt happen
Old 10-12-2011, 08:06 AM
ONE. HAPPY. BASTARD.

Mike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurtsMike is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
pics or it didnt happen
Sadly, the only place they exist is here:

http://www.chud.com/4863/cowboy-pitt/

But yes, I am indeed Ludwig.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:10 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Sleeping Beauty (2011)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588398/

It's like Pretty Baby with legal actresses.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

'Fletch Lives' 1989.

It has its moments but it's not even close to reaching the level of the first one. Chevy seems forced rather than casual, and his acting is really lazy...walk in, deliver a one-liner, walk out. Wash//rinse/ repeat. Forced comedy rarely works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:38 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

I agree, Matt. I liked it, but it pales next to its predecessor.

Chase always seems to go that route in the comedies I've seen him in. Caddyshack, for example, was probably the best flick I've seen him in, but that's an extended walk-on role at best for him. Even his stuff in Spies Like Us was good, but he could've ratcheted it up a bit more.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:12 AM
ONE. HAPPY. BASTARD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
'Fletch Lives' 1989.

It has its moments but it's not even close to reaching the level of the first one. Chevy seems forced rather than casual, and his acting is really lazy...walk in, deliver a one-liner, walk out. Wash//rinse/ repeat. Forced comedy rarely works.
I sort of really liked both Fletch films. I like the first one more but the second one wasn't without it's charms. I need to watch the original again.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:20 AM

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

I just figures out the main issue with the sequel: The character of Fletch is an arrogant asshole in it. In the first film, he's a pretty regular guy who just happens to be able to bust out funny one-liners. In the sequel, he's got a superiority complex which makes.him come off as a jerk. Also, he isn't dealing with real characters in the sequel...he's dealing with caricatures and stereotypes. Its much more mean spirited.
Quote:
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Old 10-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Has left the building

Ben Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
But sadly Ben, you obviously missed watching Drive. No, not the Refn masterpiece, the Mark Dacascos movie. Yes. That movie alone is one of the best occidental martial art movie there is. the story sucks, but the fights are AMAZING, trust me.
GTFO. I saw Drive about 8 or 9 years ago. Its OK at best. If you're gonna pick a Dacascos film, Brotherhood of the Wolf had better fights AND BellucciBreasts. It also doesn't have Kadeem Hardison, so its about 7 up on that film already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford.

Seeing it again tonight with fresh eyes, it is an amazing film. Melancholic, introspective, and most of all, it is an astounding character study that manages to not only construct fully realized subjects to act out the events of history, but to mold them into a deconstruction of celebrity, the resultant fictions manufactured for public consumption, the wounded truths untold, the banality of living beyond one's glory days, and the toll exacted on those trapped or enamored with the mechanisms that urge the fabrication of legend and myth.

I'll say it again, it is an amazing film.
Totally agree, one of my all-time favourites and everything that's great about it is hinted at in Dominik's first film. Seriously. TAOJJBTCRF is a much better film, but the ideas around violence, celebrity, justice, retribution, public perception, they're all there in Chopper.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:50 AM

I love 'Brotherhood of the Wolf' but I simply can't get over the fact that David Lee Roth is playing the lead. It takes me out of the film...laughing.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-12-2011, 12:08 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thomas View Post
GTFO. I saw Drive about 8 or 9 years ago. Its OK at best. If you're gonna pick a Dacascos film, Brotherhood of the Wolf had better fights AND BellucciBreasts. It also doesn't have Kadeem Hardison, so its about 7 up on that film already.

Totally agree, one of my all-time favourites and everything that's great about it is hinted at in Dominik's first film. Seriously. TAOJJBTCRF is a much better film, but the ideas around violence, celebrity, justice, retribution, public perception, they're all there in Chopper.
I like Le Pacte des Loups, but Drive owns it, fight-wise. Crying Freeman has better fights than Le Pacte.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:19 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thomas View Post
Chopper is fantastic, but has a savage streak interspersed with a humor to it that is uniquely 'Stralian. Of the two he's made, for me Jesse and Bob steal the show.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-12-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:55 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

Takers

So average. Soooooooooooo average.

Slither

Begun, the horror movie marathon has begun. With one of my favorite. So bummed that movie underperformed, as it's a classic. The killer zombie deer is awesome. LOVE.

Next up: 4 Carpenters. Halloween, The Prince of Darkness, They Live and In the Mouth of Madness.

And The Thing? Fear not, that's the one closing my festival on Halloween.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:14 AM
Has left the building

Ben Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurts

I watched The Thing again the other night. I wouldn't change a thing about that film.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:59 AM

Carpenter's 'The Thing' is pretty much flawless.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-15-2011, 10:09 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

'Thor'. Dug it alot more at home this time around. Warriors 3 are still great (needed way more of them though) and goddamn is Loki a great villain.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:04 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Tron: Legacy.

Again.

The gutted second act deprived it from being better than it could have been (Not that there was even a third act...two at most, really. Okay, two and three were sort of kicked into each other like Ron Silver in Timecop.), but Hippie Flynn, relentlessly plucky and insanely attractive Qora, the game arena and the End of Line barfight were high octane popcorn fun.

I'd put this in the same category as fare such as Thor, where there are moments of greatness and a handful of niggling things that keep it from being truly great. A fun watch nonetheless. And fuck is it loud.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:46 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

I want to rewatch that one in HD. I need more ubersexy Oilvia Wilde.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

THE AMERICAN- Admittedly I fell asleep a couple times but I think all I missed was ol' George banging that hot escort. Anyway, this is pretty good. Avoid if you want something like backstory, though. It drops you in and lets you figure out everything yourself. There's not really much to figure out but the scenery is pretty and Clooney is good.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Warlock

Been about 15 years. What a glorious piece of shit. I love how Kassandra with a K is just a smarmy bitch for the first hour of the movie. Best friend murdered and your house invaded by crazy Scottish man? Just run your mouth off to every thing said to you. Cop - "we need to get you out of the house" TIME ME! ugh, she's horrible. SO HORRIBLE. The movie is great though. So bad.