Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Films on DVD or Blu

Films on DVD or Blu If you can buy it or own it, post about them here.

Old 04-11-2017, 05:05 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

Maybe I'd put Raiders above, but that's it. Not a huge fan of fish.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:46 PM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

THE GODFATHER

Believe it or not, my wife had never seen it. Not only had she never seen it, she'd resisted all of my attempts to show it to her. Not really sure why other than she 'wasn't up for it' or 'not in the mood'.

Well, AMC had THE GODFATHER on the other night. I was watching it when she came into the room. We ate dinner while watching about 10 minutes of it and she got totally sucked in. I turned it off as she'd missed the opening 45 minutes of it, promising to watch it the next night.

So yeah, last night I played THE GODFATHER for her. She knew about the horse scene but didn't know the context of it...other than that, she was a clean slate. She absolutely loved it, and I think we're gonna bang out Part 2 tonight or tomorrow. I'll show her Part 3 as well, but she already knows that it's not in the same league as the first two entries.

After that, I'll try and convince her to finally watch GOODFELLAS. Considering her response to THE GODFATHER, I think I'll finally succeed this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 04-13-2017, 02:52 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
THE GODFATHER

Believe it or not, my wife had never seen it. Not only had she never seen it, she'd resisted all of my attempts to show it to her. Not really sure why other than she 'wasn't up for it' or 'not in the mood'.

Well, AMC had THE GODFATHER on the other night. I was watching it when she came into the room. We ate dinner while watching about 10 minutes of it and she got totally sucked in. I turned it off as she'd missed the opening 45 minutes of it, promising to watch it the next night.

So yeah, last night I played THE GODFATHER for her. She knew about the horse scene but didn't know the context of it...other than that, she was a clean slate. She absolutely loved it, and I think we're gonna bang out Part 2 tonight or tomorrow. I'll show her Part 3 as well, but she already knows that it's not in the same league as the first two entries.

After that, I'll try and convince her to finally watch GOODFELLAS. Considering her response to THE GODFATHER, I think I'll finally succeed this time.

Movie nerd shocker: I like Goodfellas more than any part of The Godfather Trilogy. Coppola's best films were Apocalypse Now, The Conversation and Dracula.

The rest were a writer learning how to direct.

EDGY!

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 04-13-2017, 02:56 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Location: Somewhere around the moon, New York City and your sister
FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

I wouldn't even bother with The Godfather Part III.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:33 PM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I've never finished any of the Godfather movies.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:43 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Godfather and Godfather II are my top go to movies, followed closely by Goodfellas.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:12 PM

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

She loved GODFATHER PART 2. I'd lay good odds on us doing PART 3 tomorrow (since she's sick again).
Quote:
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Old 04-13-2017, 10:20 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
Movie nerd shocker: I like Goodfellas more than any part of The Godfather Trilogy. Coppola's best films were Apocalypse Now, The Conversation and Dracula.

The rest were a writer learning how to direct.

EDGY!
It's weird that the correct answer is considered edgy.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:26 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Suicide Squad - caught it last night on HBO. Wasn't bad, far better than Batman v Superman, but glad I didn't plunk money down on this. It's basically the Deadshot and Harley show (they had the longest profile stories in the beginning of the film), with these other guys thrown in, doing Amanda Waller's dirty work 'cause she done fucked up with her choice of selections for the team.

The Good: Some decent action scenes, Harley Quinn steals every scene she's in (I'm down for the proposed Gotham Sirens film. Also, Harley gets her Bruce Timm on, which I'm hoping they go with in the spinoff film, 'cause as hot as Margot Robbie looked in her t-shirt and fishnets, I want that classic red & black suit getting more screen time), there's kind of a sense of fun here (though it's not on the level of a Marvel film), and there's some attempts at character arcs and development. The Batman cameos are welcome, too.

The Bad: Grimdark palette and atmosphere in full effect, son! Lots of night scenes, evil magic bad guys might as well be shadows, and the whole tone just sucks the joy out of the second half of the film. Character designs are OK (Croc, Deadshot, Diablo were cool, as was Enchantress), but Joker and the Flash (brief cameo) need to go back to formula and fast. And I'll pay good money for a Batman cowl where we DON'T see his eyes. If Deadpool can pull it off, so can Batman.

I'm also fucking tired of my super-villains having these "come to Jesus" moments and dysfunctional backgrounds. Oh, your wife doesn't want you in your kids life 'cause you kill people for a living? Might want to reevaluate some of your life choices and career goals then. I WANT MY BAD GUYS TO BE BAD GUYS, DAMMIT!!!
Old 04-16-2017, 09:11 AM

Watched GODFATHER 3 on Friday night. It played better than it ever has and we both liked it despite its faults. It's not in the same league as the other two films but it wasn't as bad as I remembered it being.

Watched GOODFELLAS last night. The wife LOVED it. She's still processing but, a post viewing Q&A with her resulted in her placing at about the same level as the first GODFATHER.

It was fun. We banged through all four films in four evenings straight. Now, I've got her itching to watch THIEF and HEAT, both of which I have.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-16-2017, 10:27 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS- I should've seen this in the theater. The animation is ridiculous. I have no idea how they were able to animate some of the set pieces. And I really liked the story and the music, too.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:45 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Watched GODFATHER 3 on Friday night. It played better than it ever has and we both liked it despite its faults. It's not in the same league as the other two films but it wasn't as bad as I remembered it being.

Watched GOODFELLAS last night. The wife LOVED it. She's still processing but, a post viewing Q&A with her resulted in her placing at about the same level as the first GODFATHER.

It was fun. We banged through all four films in four evenings straight. Now, I've got her itching to watch THIEF and HEAT, both of which I have.
Now that's good husbanding right there!
Old 04-16-2017, 12:36 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

Been rethinking Goodfellas recently and it's actually... sad how Paulie is pretty Goddamn loving and loyal to Henry. And it absolutely fucks him in the end.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:12 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS- I should've seen this in the theater. The animation is ridiculous. I have no idea how they were able to animate some of the set pieces. And I really liked the story and the music, too.
Saw this was on Netflix. Going to try and watch it once I'm back from the trip.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:45 AM

Watched HEAT with the wife last night. First time for her. She really liked it but I think that her constant need to pause the film while she suffered through a coughing spree hurt the experience.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-17-2017, 08:41 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Been rethinking Goodfellas recently and it's actually... sad how Paulie is pretty Goddamn loving and loyal to Henry. And it absolutely fucks him in the end.

Henry Hill fucked everyone over because he couldn't do time. The actual 18 month sentence he got in Atlanta fucked him up and nobody ever got a real read why. Especially, when the ATL facility was so mobbed up that it was basically a sleepaway camp for gangsters.

The kitchen prison cooking scene in the film happened daily for 18 months there.

Hill fucked his family, his kids and all of his friends over. Bracco played his wife far too nice in the film. If you watch "My Blue Heaven", that is literally the loose story of the Goodfellas aftermath. Ephron and that team just lost the rights to call him Henry Hill and reference the main case.

Henry Hill was a piece of shit and everything he touched went to shit. Jimmy should've killed him and his wife when he had the chance.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 04-17-2017, 09:29 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

My Blue Heaven is a minor classic.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:39 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Steve Martin is great in it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2017, 10:05 AM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

Hendry was not a good fella.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:23 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
Henry Hill was a piece of shit and everything he touched went to shit. Jimmy should've killed him and his wife when he had the chance.
Yeah I saw a BBC documentary on him and thought, "Yeah... he's in Hell now. Good!"

Everything about Hill (once he came out of hiding post-Goodfellas) is basically the 180 of what Scorsese was going for in terms of glorifying the awful things he did and piece of scum he was as a person.