Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Technology and other nerd stuff

Technology and other nerd stuff Are you a fan of tech? Do you have a cellphone attached to your hip? Maybe a bluetooth headset? Post about tech stuff here.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:28 PM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey
Default D&D 4.0

So Cj and I were discussing starting a group up for some pen and paper D&D when 4.0 hits. It sounds like he will more than likely be the DM (which means he needs to stop slacking and come up with some cool shit!) and the girl and I will be playing. I'm just throwing this out there, but would any one else be up for some? Post here if so inclined. Also, apparenlty the 4.0 rules are super streamlined and more accessable for those who have never played this before. Should be a good time.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:40 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey
Default Re: D&D 4.0

Also, Cj has been playing the older version for a bit now and understands the mechanics. So it's not like we'd be going in blind. And you don't have to speak in character or wear a cloak. Unless you want to. Bascially we're talking about having some fun during the weekend, drinking some beers, and killing some kobolds. And if you've played WoW or LOTRo then from what I've heard, they have made the 4.0 version more like these games. So yah.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Crocodylus Pontifex

PopeTiberii is out of the goo and is waiting for pickup

Hell, I'm in.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:39 PM
back to sleep

Cj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The Fahey

Yeah D&D I hope i dont fuck up as DM to much....
Old 03-07-2008, 09:44 AM

ecp is out of the goo and is waiting for pickup

I'm down if I can make it to play, been busy lately. Havn't played since 4th grade! Would be fun to check out.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:46 AM
getting ready for summer

Sweet! Yah, as he plays with another group already, I think we were kinda thinking maybe playing twice a month or something. More than likely it'd be at our place as you can smoke there if you want and we gots a big ass dining room table. I'm not sure yet though. Although 4.0 doesn't come out till June and I'm itching to start playing.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

is this online? if so then i want to roll a d20 to see if i can particiapte.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:39 PM
getting ready for summer

I've read about an online component with 4.0 but as far as I know it's straight pen and paper.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:45 PM
back to sleep

Cj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The Fahey

http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php
http://www.d20srd.org/

some good sites for info....although you still need players handbook 1 if we do 3.5 or 4
Old 06-06-2008, 12:51 PM
getting ready for summer

http://kotaku.com/5013974/dd-4th-edi...from-fiery-pit

WOO! They are out! ayaya!

And this:
http://kotaku.com/377597/dd-readies-...ne-roleplaying

Quote:
They're readying Dungeons and Dragons Insider - a suite of online software tools for the game - for release along with the new rule set, and it could change the way people play Dungeons and Dragons...for a price. Along with a character creator that allows you to keep track of your character's looks and stats and a dungeon builder that allows Dungeon Masters to craft 2D dungeon maps, the star of the suite is the Game Table, which lets the DM import their 2D creations into a 3D environment and run players through it online, complete with voice chat. What is all of this going to cost? While it isn't set in stone, Wizards is toying with a price range of $10-15 - a month.
Could mean we could play with people anywhere...hmmms.....????
Old 06-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

I'd probably try it. Never got to play D&D properly back in the day. Not enough people.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:07 PM
getting ready for summer

No luck finding the books today. =( Going to try again this weekend.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:01 PM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

Well, I'll pony up a monthly fee to play with you fellas, as I've never touched the game before.

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:58 PM
getting ready for summer

I picked up the first two books this weekend: DM and Player guide. Slowly going through it. You can totally play with people online. uhohs
Old 06-15-2008, 07:36 PM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

Goodbye, life! I didn't have much of you left, but if I start this shit, I really will be on empty.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:57 PM
<-My Inspiration

Lesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I picked up the first two books this weekend: DM and Player guide. Slowly going through it. You can totally play with people online. uhohs
Correction. You picked up a book, and I picked up book.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:57 PM
getting ready for summer

This shit is mad confusing haha. It's been so fucking long. It's gonna be awhile until I see if I can get the hang of this. I'm hoping Cj can help a bit.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:30 AM
<-----THIS!

Can I roll for dexterity yet?

Old 06-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

"hey guys. hey, hey... i'm a level 10 wizard." nerdious dorkus, in his nerdiest voice.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Hmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
i heard all the books around seattle got picked up fast. apparently people in seattle are nerds... i was contemplating about picking up d&d again but i hate being a dm and i can never find a good one. or at least one that'll make me roll to get drunk with the town's mayor.