Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Video Games

Video Games We play them, and we know you do. Discuss games ranging from Custard's Revenge to Burnout Revenge here.

Old 09-15-2015, 11:52 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I never played that.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:59 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Gonna throw Telltale's Walking Dead series into this list. Yeah their engine is fucking janky and terrible, but those 2 seasons were better and more involved than anything in the 5+ seasons of the actual show.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:15 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Condemned and Eternal Darkness are great additions.

DS2 has the nursery. Fuck. I forgot about the nursery.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:19 PM
getting ready for summer

That fucking sun, man. That fucking sun.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:45 PM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Well, I don't have much to add, everything I'd say has been mentioned. Maybe Bioshock.

My favorites would be

The Last of Us
Resident Evil 2 & 4
Silent Hill 1 & 2
Telltale's The Walking Dead
PT
Dead Space 1 & 2
Alien Isolation
Until Dawn
Old 09-15-2015, 01:09 PM
getting ready for summer

What about RE 4 do you like so much? Honest question. For me that was the beginning of the end for the tongue in cheek zombie stuff and we've yet to get a great RE game that isn't a remake after it.

I mean, the controls were nice (but I still don't have any issues with the tank controls for the most part) but the setting was meh and I miss actual zombies.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:25 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

I liked that RE4 was the first Resident Evil game that was legit fun to actually play.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:26 PM
getting ready for summer

SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU FILTHY WHORE
Old 09-15-2015, 01:39 PM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

I've only played RE4 when it came out on PS2, but having a RE game that didn't have tank controls was awesome. Similar, I suppose, to playing Snake Eater with the free camera for the first time. I hadn't played a RE game since Nemesis so it had been quite a while since I played a RE game. I did miss the zombies, but I didn't hate Los Ganados and Las Plagas, and there's a lot of Spanish in the game which my brother and I were a sucker for.

Have never gone back and played the HD version. Hated 5 and 6, although 6 slightly less. I guess 4 was the beginning of the end.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:43 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
I liked that RE4 was the first Resident Evil game that was legit fun to actually play.
I agree with this statement.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:44 PM
getting ready for summer

Makes sense. I always preferred 5 over 6. But I miss the good old days of a mansion, a dude, and limited ammo.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:10 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

This is also a reminder that the light gun RE Chronicles games for Wii sit high upon my pile of shame.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:14 PM
getting ready for summer

I loved those games. The RE2 stuff was GREAT.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:23 PM
Shut up, crime!

I've been wanting to play some Mario so if I have time this week I think I'm going to pull out the Wii (huh huh) and get back at those games. I liked the first one, as far as I got into it, quite a bit but got distracted by other things (probably Rock Band).
Old 09-15-2015, 03:25 PM
It's in the bone!

Trejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
I never played that.
Wait wait, you never played Eternal Darkness????
Old 09-16-2015, 06:18 AM
getting ready for summer

I did not.

There was like a few years in my early 20s where I was UBER broke and missed out on a bunch of games.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:03 AM
Fleshlight King

That's when I was trading in SO MANY games. I would have like 400 PS2 games if I never traded games in during that period.