X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie
    R.E.M. fan myself.
    Ahhh... One of my people.

(Not that I don't love Nirvana too, it's just that I'm a bigger R.E.M. fan, so...there's that.)
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa
      Ahhh... One of my people.

(Not that I don't love Nirvana too, it's just that I'm a bigger R.E.M. fan, so...there's that.)
      So was Kurt Cobain, actually.
      I always think people who like one band and not the other are interesting, since their sound had so much in common. I mean, take old REM, mix in the pixies and a little Zeppelin, and turn it up, and you've got Nirvana.
      "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
      - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
      http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
      http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

I can appreciate almost all the music being discussed here because I'm not a music snob NOW HOW BOUT SOME DUBSTEPZ

Comment

Rob has an unbelievable amount of hate for bands who have produced great music.

It's just one of his quirks.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Miller
            So was Kurt Cobain, actually.
            Yeah, I heard that. Know what I loved? When Eddie Vedder inducted R.E.M. into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - I thought the speech he gave was great. It was a much more thoughtful, mature Vedder, which I really loved. But the moment that really sat with me was when he mentioned friends who'd passed on. And he said something to the effect of how he was the first choice to make the speech, but that, "I'd give just about anything to have been the second choice if Kurt was still around to be first choice." I thought that was really nice.
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Russ
              Rob has an unbelievable amount of hate for bands who have produced great music.

It's just one of his quirks.
              I have hate for bands that I don't personally like. In REM's case I can't name one single song I like. Just not for me.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Kurt and Michael were actually pretty close for a while. I remember there even being rumors about some hanky panky. Who knows. Would have been a million percent better than Courtney Love.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG
                  I can appreciate almost all the music being discussed here because I'm not a music snob NOW HOW BOUT SOME DUBSTEPZ

I get just as much hate for my music as I give to all of yours. It's cool.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington
                    I have hate for bands that I don't personally like. In REM's case I can't name one single song I like. Just not for me.
                    1. Open Up Spotify
                    2. Listen to Pretty Persuasion
                    3. Change Mind

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson
                      Metal isn't dead and Nirvana didn't kill it. However, they did alter the pop music scene for the better at a key moment in history. It's not Cobain's fault that American metal never got back to the same place.

If we're going to call loud thrash and glam metal the pinnacles of a musical movement, then your argument is fucked before it even began.
                      THIS. No one was happier than I when glam metal and all those fucking power ballads died screaming when Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, etc. broke.

Originally posted by Matt
                      Never got into Nirvana. Give me Alice in Chains or Soundgarden any day.
                      I appreciate what Nirvana did by changing the game, but I preferred the harder sound AiC and Soundgarden brought to the table.

I love the Glam metal bands that actually had talent and musical skill. Most of that scene was all about 'the look' instead of the music, and there were far too many shitty bands with big poofy hair at the end...it deserved to die. It doesn't deserve the level of scorn that it receives, though.
                      Oh, if you only lived in NJ/NYC back in the day, my friend. My hatred for glam/hair metal was all consuming and it was EVERYWHERE. Shitty bands with shitty make-up and hair at shitty dives playing shitty music.

I love when I turn on VH1 Classic and they're playing some really obscure 80s hair band that had like two music videos or something...a band like Roxx Gang. You'll watch this video and go...you know, off of their entire album, THIS was the best song that they could do. THIS was the song that their label thought would be a hit. It's funny as hell.
                      There was a show on public access around here starring a hair metal fan called Liquor Lipps. To his credit, he played a lot of obscure bands and even obscurer songs and videos, but he just couldn't let go of the fact that the fanbases moved on. I think after Kevin DuBrow passed away, he finally hung it up.

Comment

Not even the Kaufman ode?
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Alt Retort: "Well, they're no Insane Clown Posse..."

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Miller
                            Kurt and Michael were actually pretty close for a while. I remember there even being rumors about some hanky panky. Who knows. Would have been a million percent better than Courtney Love.
                            I heard that rumor too! I also heard that Michael may have messed around with Courtney too, but that was a pretty brief rumor that never got going much. I heard the Kurt and Michael rumor a lot more than the Courtney and Michael rumor.

Comment

Too bad we never got a "Dancing in the Street" out of that.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

I get just as much hate for my music as I give to all of yours. It's cool.
                                Me? Dude our music choices are closer together than anyone else here. WE ARE THE 1%

Comment

Working...
                                X