Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever Happened to Alternative Nation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, I recently came to the decision that Alice in Chains has taken over for Led Zeppelin in my Top Three Bands list.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      Also, I recently came to the decision that Alice in Chains has taken over for Led Zeppelin in my Top Three Bands list.
      Wow.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I can get behind that.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
          *clears throat* You forgot someone.
          Yep... he's earned a beating fo sho.

Comment

Yea. I was kind of shocked to acknowledge it myself. I told my girlfriend and she gave me this look like she wanted to hug me for realizing I just changed this really fundamental thing in my life. The list was always

1A - Megadeth
            1B - Faith No More
            1C - Led Zeppelin

1C now goes to Chains, and Zeppelin moves to 2.

Comment

Yea. I was kind of shocked to acknowledge it myself. I told my girlfriend and she gave me this look like she wanted to hug me for realizing I just changed this really fundamental thing in my life. The list was always

1A - Megadeth
              1B - Faith No More
              1C - Led Zeppelin

1C now goes to Chains, and Zeppelin moves to 2.
              Brock Samson's password says it all.

John. Bonham. Rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                *clears throat* You forgot someone.
                Sorry,

....AND HOWARD.

There.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Also, I just remembered that Violator came out that year. Goddamn, what an album.

Comment

OK, I just finished reading that first column, and I don't think I'll be able to stomach the remaining. He dismissed the music, tells the reader by high school he has trashed all the CDs he accumulated, and didn't listen to any of the music again until just recently. He's the one trying to write an retrospective on how much of a cultural shift grunge music was? The guy that listened to the music for at most 5 years, and dismissed it for a decade? Come on.

Comment

The guy said it was a prologue article, he's no Nathan Rabin. Still, I always enjoy the comments that follow.

Comment

OK, I just finished reading that first column, and I don't think I'll be able to stomach the remaining. He dismissed the music, tells the reader by high school he has trashed all the CDs he accumulated, and didn't listen to any of the music again until just recently. He's the one trying to write an retrospective on how much of a cultural shift grunge music was? The guy that listened to the music for at most 5 years, and dismissed it for a decade? Come on.
                        Fucking hipsters, man...

They're everywhere.

Slacking in your neighborhood, buying caviar with food stamps... writing articles.

This shit needs to end. Now.

Comment

Now hold on for a second,

No hipster uses food stamps.

They have money from their parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                            Now hold on for a second,

No hipster uses food stamps.

Do a google search for that. I remember reading an article at Salon about this.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

It's true. I linked the article here and on Farceberk.

Comment

VIN-dication!

Comment

Working...
                                X