Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    A Simple Plan

I was really surprised how good this movie was.

That is all.
    All of the exteriors were filmed here in Delano, MN. Welcome to Winter.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That movie makes a great companion piece to Fargo. It should, since Raimi has been friends with the Cohens for decades.

BTW, is Delano as broken and dead as it looks on film?
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
        BTW, is Delano as broken and dead as it looks on film?
        I drive through it going to and from my in-laws.

YES. It's a thoroughly skippable town.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Funny, there's also a Delano, CA. From what I gather, also a very skippable place.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Delano is west of the Twin Cities on Highway 12...maybe a half hour drive from the Western suburbs. They opened up a new highway that bypasses most of the city, so the road is littered with signs along the lines of:
            TURN RIGHT FOR DOWNTOWN DELANO!
            IF YOU LIVED IN DELANO, YOU'D BE HOME NOW!
            PLEASE GOD COME INTO TOWN AND SPEND SOME MONEY WE HAVE GAS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              *GeckoBroFist* Cheech, Trejo, Clooney, Tarantino, Keitel, Lewis, Sex Machine... and Salma Hayek snakedancing.

Hate this movie and you hate life.
              In an ideal world, Tim will be President some day.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              Creepshow.... Minus "The Crate" short, everything about that movie is just bad.
              I was so underwhelmed by Creepshow. Didn't see it until I'd heard lots of people say how great it was. What a waste of talent (Hal Holbrook!)

Another agreement, mate! I might start counting these...

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              It wasn't that bad. Dolph was fantastic.
              Yeah, it wasn't the worst thing ever, but it was pretty boring after 40 minutes or so. The opening sequence (namely, Dolph's grenade action) was hilarious though.
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• haha

*agreementfist*
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  haha

*agreementfist*
                  *dancingHarrisfist*
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I want to be told why my opinion is wrong. Granted I liked Creepshow more than Trick R Treat.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I could never watch the cockroach sequence of 'Creepshow'. I saw clips and heard about what happened. NOPE, not gonna do it.

Comment

I want to be told why my opinion is wrong. Granted I liked Creepshow more than Trick R Treat.
                        They both have one story (the kids and the bus) which works better than all the rest. Significantly better.

Anna Paquin in the Red Riding Hood costume isn't exactly a drawback though...

Comment

• I can get behind that. Tales from the Darkside > Creepshow

Comment

Tales from the Darkside > Creepshow
                            TftD was great fun. Christian Slater was a hoot in that.

Comment

• Yeah he was.

Comment

• Just got done watching Lemmy - great documentary, learned a lot about the man, the myth, the legend. Really was hoping for more info from his days as a roadie for Hendrix, his time with Hawkwind, interviews with folks who knew him when, etc., but it was great seeing all the Lemmy-at-home footage (and boy, does he have a LOT of stuff in his apartment). Great to see his son, too, as well as interviews with some members of Motorhead past and present.

Also watched Skyline online. The film had a few moments, but I was kind of expecting more, y'know? Plus, the ending took the film into a much more interesting direction, then just stopped when things were getting good. Wait for cable on this one, folks.

Getting ready to fire up Tombs of the Blind Dead in a few. Bring on the undead Templars!

Comment

Working...
                                X