Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM on blu ray.

It's probably been almost 20 years since my last full viewing. Parts of it are great (the opening number, the food scene, the bugs, and the third act) but wow...the fun factor simply isn't there. There's no charm and very little wit in this entry. It works as a kickass action fest but that's really about it.

Looked great on blu, though.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Got free passes to Dredd 3D two days before it opened and my god that movie was fun. If you've read the comics, this movie version of Dredd is pretty much bang-on. Karl Urban Helmetface is the best Karl Urban.

Going to go see a Looper/The Master double-feature this weekend I think. I need a few hours away from everything and I am so very curious about how The Master handles some of its subject matter with regards to Scientology.
      <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• I still believe that the best movie on Scientology is Bowfinger. Such a great movie.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
          I still believe that the best movie on Scientology is Bowfinger. Such a great movie.
          I think you may be correct. My favourite lambasting of Scientology in popular culture was in Fallout II. They call it Hubbology, but by the time you get to the end of that area, the only option the cultists leave you is to murder the entire religion, celebrities and all. This was also the same game that had a trading card game called Tragic: The Garnering, where the players did nothing but spend money on cards and be miserable. Video games: highly topical and relevant!

Comment

• Fuck yes on BOWFINGER. Love that movie.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I wish some of you were closer so that I would have a crowd to go to movies with. This whole not having local friends thing is really starting to wear on me. It's my own damn fault I guess for being busy all the time, but I feel like I barely talk to anyone anymore. But this last year many of my friends have finally gotten married or started having kids and they are adjusting to the new lives poorly. New parents are the best, as all of them suffer from the whole "We are the only people who have ever had kids ever DON'T YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS?!!?!" perspective change. It happens to all of us, but 12 years since the birth of my last child it's sad and funny to witness.

Comment

• You live in Winterpeg!

Comment

• Whatevs. Winter Isn't Coming, It's Already Here. Come to Winnipeg to see the Wall, stay for the perrogies!

Comment

• JOIN THE JETS' WATCH!

Comment

• Love pirogies. Fucking CHOW.

Comment

• I know I go to a lot fewer movies because I don't have good movie going friends. Love Brittany, but fuck, most movies with her are a fucking chore. So glad she isn't going to Looper.

Comment

• "Why does the kid from 3rd Rock look funny? This movie is stupid".
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                            "Why does the kid from 3rd Rock look funny? This movie is stupid".
                            More of her thinking that someone's line of thinking is stupid or doesn't make sense. She puts herself into their shoes instead of considering their line of reasoning, and the purpose behind it. Instead it's "No that's fucking dumb, that wouldn't be the response." She won't go beyond the most surface part of a movie, and it drives me nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                              "Why does the kid from 3rd Rock look funny? This movie is stupid".
                              Oh god this. My wife cannot handle tension in movies at all. Like not even scary tension, just any kind. I tried sitting down and watching the Bourne Identity with her and she couldn't make it through the movie because she didn't know what was going to happen next and he was being chased and omg are they gonna get him?

I blame myself. When we were way younger, we watched Silence of the Lambs together one day. I had seen it before, so she told me to warn her when something scary or intense was going to happen. Which I never did even a little bit. She was almost in tears at the end when Starling is in the basement of Buffalo Bill's house and he is stalking her with the night vision goggles.
                              Last edited by Mike; 10-03-2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Oh God, that's my wife.

IS HE GOING TO DIE??? I don't know, i haven't seen this before.
                                OH GOD, WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN??? I don't know, i haven't seen this before.
                                SHE DIES, DOESN'T SHE??? JUST TELL ME!!! I don't know, i haven't seen this before.

Comment

Working...
                                X