Euro 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro 2012

I know I've taken the regular football thread for granted this past season. I didn't say "I love you" enough times, etc, etc. But I'm watching Germany vs. Portugal right now -- waiting for the goal this game so desperately needs -- and it got me thinking the time is right for this thread.

Netherlands vs. Denmark was a cracking game earlier, with a very hard-fought 1-0 win for the Danes the surprising outcome. It was great stuff, packed with excitement and drama. Now the tannoy is warning that the Germany/Portugal game may be abandoned if the German supporters don't stop throwing missiles onto the pitch.

Football, eh? Discuss... if it pleases you.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

If you mean soccer just say soccer.

J/K Bobby, I promise no more shenanigans
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Haha, no worries, mate! I was happy to see a reply! Plus, I did contemplate doing the whole football/soccer thing so I sort of walked into it.

If anything, I thought describing the Danes' slender 1-0 win over the Dutch as "cracking" would have been the source of any jocularity.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

I wish I could discuss futbol with you in depth but I honestly don't know shit other than the basic rules. I know it takes a shit ton of skill & cardio.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

My main problem with enjoying football* is this: faking injuries with Shatneresque acting (though it ain't as bad on high level soccer). And lack of goals. sports aren't supposed to remain at 0-0.

Beside that, it's a cool sport. I had a Romanian ex whose father loved that shit, so I tuned in. Turns out the Romanians, as in most things in life, sucks at it.

But the vuvuzelas? Holy hell, no one can bitch that the USA are bombing people and torturing them in black ops prisons from now on, cause the rest of the world are doing the same to billions of innocents with these instruments from hell.

*Really, it makes no sense to call American football "football", while soccer is only played with the foot, and American football ain't that much.... but still...
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            My main problem with enjoying football* is this: faking injuries with Shatneresque acting (though it ain't as bad on high level soccer). And lack of goals. sports aren't supposed to remain at 0-0.

Beside that, it's a cool sport. I had a Romanian ex whose father loved that shit, so I tuned in. Turns out the Romanians, as in most things in life, sucks at it.

But the vuvuzelas? Holy hell, no one can bitch that the USA are bombing people and torturing them in black ops prisons from now on, cause the rest of the world are doing the same to billions of innocents with these instruments from hell.

*Really, it makes no sense to call American football "football", while soccer is only played with the foot, and American football ain't that much.... but still...
            I make the motion that we go with Russ's "Hand-Egg-Ball" label as it is much more accurate, however I don't think the NFL will go for it.

Comment

I'd call it Smashball, but Rugby* should be call that before the NFL does. So we're up to Suicideball now.

*Oh I know...
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
              X