Twin Peaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Peaks

This was big enough 20 years ago that I figure it deserves its own thread. The entire run is on Instant, and I invite everyone to join me on this journey. We started watching it the other day (well I've been watching, Brittany has been making snide comments and writing off the show after 30 minutes and ruining my enjoyment) and I'm really loving it after two episodes. Kyle McLachlan is "incredible" as Agent Cooper. I can't get enough of him.

I'm not going to make any guesses at to the killer yet, but man is this show wacky. Dr. Jacoby is creepy as shit, and I am guessing his hand dug out that heart charm since he has half of it in episode 2. The show also reminds me of that weird 1950s obsession America went through during the late 80s early 90s. Everyone is channeling a slight Rebel Without A Cause/poodle skirts and bobby socks vibe, without it being obvious.

I used to be a superfan of the show, but I've gotten out of it over the years.

I could still stand to do a re-watch.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Join me. I had a feeling of anyone you would be the one Troy. YOU WOULD BE THE ONE.

Deadly Premonition is the greatest game adaptation of a TV show ever. I highly recommend the Giant Bomb endurance run of it.

Comment

I think I've only ever seen one or two episodes. Back when it came out, it just didn't grab me, but I could give it a shot now.

Comment

Did the rewatch thing a while ago, but once I hit the second season it lost a whole lot of steam and I just didn't as much of a shit about it (having someone drunkenly spoil it in conversation one night didn't help matters either).

But that first season was fantastic.

Ray Wise is amazing.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            Join me. I had a feeling of anyone you would be the one Troy. YOU WOULD BE THE ONE.

Deadly Premonition is the greatest game adaptation of a TV show ever. I highly recommend the Giant Bomb endurance run of it.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time. If that changes, I'll take a shot at it.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

When Ray Wise gets the news from the sheriff and skeezy business partner walks in and he drops the phone and lets out that "my daughter is deeeeeeeeead" holy shit.

Comment

He gets better.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

I'll echo your sentiment about the style of the characters.

I love that Lynch basically took small town Americana and its iconography and warped it into a retched hive of scum and villainy.

Leo Johnson is fucking hilarious. He's a modern black hat-wearing, mustache-twirling villain. Only this time, his mustache is a pony tail.
                  Last edited by Captain Russ; 08-04-2011, 09:45 AM.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Bobby's INSANE take on James Dean is aces as well. When the cops have him in the library and he shrugs them off by snapping his fingers and slapping the table I laughed for a solid two minutes.

Comment

Bobby is such a fucking dork, it's great.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Bobby grabs EVERYONE by the collar. Even the collarless.

Comment

Damn, that's good coffee.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Oh Bobby, sweet Bobby, you are such an idiot. I love you, never change.

Totally confused as of now as to the triangle between Josie, Margaret (that's the red head's name right?) and the sleazy business baron.

Leo, you crazy bastard, splattering that bird's brains. But amazing shot, hitting a small bird, in a cage, through a window with blinds on it, at night, during a rain storm.

Kyle McLachlan is killin' it. Agent Cooper is already one of my favorite TV characters of all time. "Sheriff, I'll tell you a secret. Every day give yourself a gift."

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              "Sheriff, I'll tell you a secret. Every day give yourself a gift."
                              Some damn fine coffee...

Comment

Working...
                              X