Phil Hartman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Hartman

I think that he was one of the funniest and most versatile comedians that SNL ever produced. He could do a one joke repetitive skit AND he could do fully-developed characters better than just about anyone. His imitations were spot on AND hilarious.

His contributions to television AFTER leaving SNL are deeply felt, especially with 'The Simpsons'. Troy McClure owns EVERY episode that he appears in.

Favorite skits?
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Unfrozen Cave Man Lawyer
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Frozen Caveman Lawyer, anything with him as Clinton and Frank Sinatra.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

God yeah, Caveman Lawyer. Best dude.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

'Robot Repair'
          'Science' with Peter Graves (his Peter Graves impersonation is a stitch)
          SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE (his Heston was awesome)
          The Sinatra group, with Sting as Billy Idol.
          Fire BAD
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

He was my favorite in NewsRadio. God I'm glad I bought that box set. I mean the set itself fucking sucks, but he's fantastic as Bill McNeal.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

He was easily the best part of the show.

Comment

Next to Andy Dick. Seriously, he was great in that show.

BOLLOCKS!

Comment

Hartman's ok, but he's no Jimmy Fallon. OK, I'm fucking with you. Hartman was aces....

Better days..
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_dAAzJNGQc
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

He ruled as Bill Clinton and as Ted Kennedy.

Also, drunk Ed McMahon.
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Oh fuck, I forgot about his Ed McMahon. Ever see the Carsenio sketch with Dana Carvey? GOLD.

Comment

His film roles were an extension of his comedic talents on TV.

He was easily the greatest bit player:

Vickey, Alcatraz Prison Tour Guide in So I Married an Ax Murderer: "And they took turns...pissing into the bitches ocular cavities...
                        This way to the cafeteria!"

And he was a stand-out asshole on more than one occasion:

Frank in Greedy: "I didn't like the Beatles and I don't like you!" or the less culturally specific, "No, shitting a sailboat is a shock, this is a fucking catastrophe!"

Ted in Jingle All the Way: "Here, have some non-alcoholic eggnog."

Even in shitty movies, he was a beacon of comedic talent in a sea of mediocrity.
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 12-17-2009, 01:33 PM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

In some alternatate universe, there exists a live action Troy McClure movie. Goddammit, where is that Slider technology when you need it?

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                            In some alternatate universe, there exists a live action Troy McClure movie. Goddammit, where is that Slider technology when you need it?
                            You don't believe in it. You damn Quantum fool.
                            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

This is true, I believe that somehow in the New Mexican desert, inside of a mountain. A man is sent back in time to right what was once wrong.

*Cues Quantum Leap Theme song*

Comment

Working...
                              X