Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOX OFFICE POISON (THETAYLOR KITSCH MEMORIAL THREAD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOX OFFICE POISON (THETAYLOR KITSCH MEMORIAL THREAD)

So yeah...Mr. Kitsch now has the distinction of starring in two huge box office flops within a two month span. I don't know about BATTLESHIT, but JOHN CARTER was not entirely his fault.

I'm just wondering...now that he's THAT GUY, will his career ever truly recover? Have other individuals in a similar situation been able to recover?
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Eddie Murphy still makes movies, so Hollywood = David Lynch music.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Jude Law, Sharon Stone...Russell Crowe to a certain degree. But Jude has been able to erase the stigma somewhat with the SHERLOCK HOLMES films, so it's not a permanent moniker.
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Re: John Carter, that's the thing, though. That flick was fucked by its marketing and behind the scene shit moreso that Kitsch's performance. Battleship-to-my-loo, my darling looks like a mess from the get go, with Kitsch playing the stereotypical rebel-without-a-clue-but-has-a-heart-of-gold-and-will-learn-an-important-lesson-while-saving-the-day role. Damn trailer pretty much tells you the whole story... AGAIN, but that's in no way Kitsch's fault.

I can't give the guy too much heat. Shit, Hayden Christensen turned in some decent stuff after the last two Star Wars flicks (Jumper fans, unite!), and Ben Affleck was well on his way to Palookaville until he had a tremendous rebirth later in his career as a director.

Kitsch ain't the greatest actor by a long stretch, but he's young. One or two good roles, and he'll shake this shit off. I mean, Jennifer Aniston got her start in a Leprechaun movie for crying out loud and her flicks make some serious scratch.

Comment

As to Crowe...i think that the minor role in THE MAN OF STEEL is probably an indicator of where his career is going. He's a great actor, but his days as an A list er are probably over.

Comment

With respect, gotta disagree. Crowe's got some juice in the tank to do A List stuff. If Man of Steel makes decent bank, I fully expect Crowe to get a ton more work soon after. He's far from Lohan level at this stage.

Comment

The thing is, people love to rag on other people. I can't recall the last time somenody had two really high profile flops within two months of each other. Even people that don't follow movies know about JOHN CARTER and the 200 miklion dollar write off, and BATTLESHIT is all the talk right now for sucking. He's in the news as THAT GUY, right or wrong. It'll take a while for the shit to wash off and an even longer time to get rid of the smell.

Comment

Crowe just needs to hit the gym and be less fattymcfatfat. This kid needs to pick a role that's not him saving the universe because the two he's picked so far are pretty much poo'sville
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

He's got Savages coming up, which looks cool. He had two big bland blockbusters fail? No kidding.

Comment

Kitsch is better suited being the "stand out" in ensembles. Dude's got time but leading man (Neither failure, might as well mark Savages to the list too, is on him) he ain't.

Crowe's movie-star days are over. Hence taking the Supes gig. Kind of shit they'd have turned down flat 10 years ago.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      Jude Law, Sharon Stone...Russell Crowe to a certain degree. But Jude has been able to erase the stigma somewhat with the SHERLOCK HOLMES films, so it's not a permanent moniker.
                      Law's was mostly oversaturation, while those other two just picked repugnant shit to star in and be awful human beings while doing it.

Law was in as much shit as they, but he also had good stuff coming out as well.

For every Alfie, there was a Closer.

Kitsch is more of a Skeet Ulrich type dude, though. I think he's plain old fucked for now.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Wait, so the word on SAVAGES is bad? Fuuuuuuck...loved that book.

Comment

Didn't say it was shit (No idea) but its going to get its clock cleaned out with that release date.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Battleship played like a Zucker Brothers parody of the first Transformers movie.

John Carter was a case of a studio overinvesting, panicking and then slamming the car into a brick wall to stop it from speeding away.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I heard the ships actually fired pegs, confirm or deny?
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X