I need to buy a new laptop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to buy a new laptop.

I'm in the market for a new laptop, mostly for business-type stuff (taxes, bill paying, etc). What's good these days? My old PC is a Toshiba Satellite from, like, 8 years ago. It was great at the time but is kind of a jalopy at this point.

What about good antivirus program? I have the CA suite on my Toshiba because it's free through my interwebs provider but I kind of hate it.

Thanks!

You don't need an antivirus program. Norton and shit is worse than most viruses. Just get Lavasoft Adaware and use it. If you're not doing really dumb shit online you'll be fine. If you're in the market for a laptop the Samsung S5 iis one of the best out there, if you're not buying a Macbook Air. if I was buying a Windows laptop it would be my pick.

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/l...NP530U4B-A02US

Comment

15",16",17" screen? budget? Desired RAM?

Comment

16-17" screen preferably, decent RAM to run QuickBooks, ProSeries tax software. Budget is not an issue. It will basically be used to pay our personal bills and run the books for my in-law's LLC.

Comment

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Toshiba-Bl...emium/17337139

Comment

Get BitDefender for antivirus. It's the shit. Plus you get 2 free codes for other machines.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Also, BUY THROUGH US if you can
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

That's almost exactly the one I was eyeing. Except it has an AMD processor and is at Amazon so I can use the BDR link (I got your back, Mr. Hughes).

Comment

I have a C-655 and it's real good.
                  "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                  *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Working...
                  X