Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Note

http://www.fangoria.com/deathnote/

WTF is this, was the anime good, and should I bother hunting this down?

Also, Japanese people are great. You have got to love the RHCP theme song for the movie. Awesome.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Death Note

I read several chapters to the manga and really liked it. This kid finds the Deathnote, and with it he can kill people if he can visualize what they look like and write their name in the book. He gets carried away and begins a mission to clense the world of all evil. New rules to the book constantly pop up, but it was pretty interesting.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Hmms. So it's only a manga then? I may have to get this tonight along with The Long Halloween.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

There is a cartoon on Adult Swim right now too. Looks to be on the same level as the manga. I can't vouch for the quality after like the 5th book.
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

the anime is kind of ridiculous, or at least so i've been told. my friend stated that when the characters write in the notebooks, they write rather dramatically. i've only seen one episode and he did not write dramatically. and i've enjoyed the manga. the live action version of the manga/anime was actually really good. special effects and story line were spot on. and i really liked the live action adaptations. unlike initial d....
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

So you're telling me that the trailer I posted for this movie above is good? That you've seen the flick? Huh. The FX looked like complete shit in the trailer, but maybe I'll have to BT this.

Comment

i can't see the trailer... is it for the live action movie? i thought it was great for a live action anime movie. i enjoyed it just because i went into it thinking it was going to be as horrible as initial d.

Comment

Yah it's the live action movie, with the CG angel demon looking thing.

Comment

go check out the youtube parts of the movie. i don't think the trailer did them justice. i just though it was good for what they did.

Comment

Finally started to read this. Pretty neat little story. While we were waiting for Iron Man to start they kept showing previews of this. I'm definately gonna hunt this down.

Comment

Finally finished the first book. I actually enjoyed it. Pretty interesting so far. Anyone know how many books are in this series? And if they are worth getting?

Comment

there's quite a bit. i don't know about worth getting since the live-action movie will sum it right up. that is, if you want to watch the live-action version. but it's an interesting read since it start to become a murder mystery.

Comment

Working...
                        X