What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
    Nuck and Margaret have a great scene in the next episode. She's showing her value to Nuck.
    Good deal. Gonna watch that over lunch.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Nuck and Margaret have a great scene in the next episode. She's showing her value to Nuck.
      Yep. You're right. I like her much more when she's duplicitous.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

I hear ya - she's yet another great character in a show filled to the brim with 'em.

Just occurred to me that she was Diane in Trainspotting!

Comment

Originally posted by BUTTFACE FROM BUTTCHAN in regards to American Horror Story
          >catch crazy patient of yours trying to bang your teen daughter
          >be seduced by 70 year old maid that looks 20 to you and smoking hot
          >fap furiously by the window
          >cry
          >chase some freak that tried to warn you

all that in 1 minute

this show man, this show
          The more I think about it, the more that pilot episode made me laugh my ass off in terms of left turn plot developments.

And all in one fucking episode.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Started watching Warehouse 13 again after it showed up on streaming.

Fun if derivative. Always a pleasure to see Saul Rubinek and CCH Pounder.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
              Close enough.
              That was very funny, mate. Nice work. Also, you might like Have I Got News for You, if you enjoy QI. Same type of deal. British celebs get a chance to crack jokes about what's in the news that week and occasionally answer questions. It's like 8 Out of 10 Cats for people who read The Guardian instead of The Sun or The Daily Star.

Your Gooner mate Davies is the sort of cat they get normally so it's a pretty good crowd.

All of these blatant Mad Men format clones depicting the "golden era of white people being unapologetically white" sound pretty lame, but the painfully attractive Amber Heard convinced me to watch a horrible movie called Remember the Daze because she was in it in short shorts and I can't remember what I was saying.
              I feel your pain. The annoyingly attractive Amber Heard persuaded me to pick up All The Boys Love Mandy Lane.
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                That was very funny, mate. Nice work. Also, you might like Have I Got News for You, if you enjoy QI. Same type of deal. British celebs get a chance to crack jokes about what's in the news that week and occasionally answer questions. It's like 8 Out of 10 Cats for people who read The Guardian instead of The Sun or The Daily Star.
                Thanks for the heads up on that one, Bobby. I've expended the entire backlog of QI much more quickly than I'd anticipated.

RE: Amber Heard: Someone understands.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on that one, Bobby. I've expended the entire backlog of QI much more quickly than I'd anticipated.

RE: Amber Heard: Someone understands.
                  My pleasure, mate. If you fancy something a little less high-brow but even funnier, this is still the high watermark for U.K. comedy quiz shows. It's a music-based quiz. Remarkably consistent, too; surviving several presenter/team captain changes and still delivering the goods. Noel Fielding - A.K.A. the one with indie boy hair from The Mighty Boosh - is one of the current regulars.

Aside from a wealth of musicians from almost any genre you'd care to name, the list of former celeb guests and presenters is like a roll call for comedians and TV personalities. Bill Bailey (the sci-fi reader policeman from Hot Fuzz), Phil Jupitus, Mark Lamarr, Simon Amstell, Sean Hughes. On and on. So great.

RE: Amber Heard: I'm amazed more people don't understand us.
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

I see a Jupitus.

I have the feeling I'll be mining that show's backlog as well.

Thanks again for the directions to the Quizdrome, I'm sure I'll find it now.
                    Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-17-2011, 03:17 PM.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

I'm happy to do it, mate. It's a joy to introduce someone to these shows.

Buzz
                      is brilliant. Truly laugh-out-loud TV. The Mark Lamarr era (around ten years ago) is what got me into it. That's still probably my favourite period for the show, but Amstell's stint was great, too. Lots of the guest celeb presenters they've had in more recent years were memorable as well. Mark Ronson really surprised me with how funny he was.

Comment

Not entirely sure how some of the jokes on 2 Broke Girls make it past Standards and Practices. Tonight there was a joke about a guy throwing his wad in his girlfriend's face.

Comment

I'm visiting the folks for the weekend in NJ. Not sure that I'll get back in time for the premiere of "Once Upon A Time."
                          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                            Not entirely sure how some of the jokes on 2 Broke Girls make it past Standards and Practices. Tonight there was a joke about a guy throwing his wad in his girlfriend's face.
                            That show gets better every week. It's eclipsed HIMYM since episode one for me, and hopefully will light a fire under that show's ass to step up their game.

Comment

That show gets better every week. It's eclipsed HIMYM since episode one for me....
                              H.I.M.Y.M. deserves a fraction of the love it gets, at best. It's such a staggeringly flat show masquerading as something quirky and fresh (like The Big Bang Theory.) A few funny moments here and there does not a great comedy make. Segel is totally wasted there.

Really glad to hear Kat's show is better than expected though. Hopefully it turns up over here sooner rather than later.

Comment

For a second I thought Bobby was saying Big Bang Theory is quirky and fresh and I was all "man what".

Comment

Working...
                                X