Django Unchained (2012)SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master Shake View Post
    Dicaprio and Waltz were fucking gods in this movie. Especially Waltz. Jackson was amazing too, especially because I want to know more about his character. Some of his ticks, his mannerisms, his actions... I could've had an entire other act following him from movie past to movie present.
    Probably the best Sam Jackson's been in damn near a decade.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Took the wife unit to see this. It improved significantly on the second viewing. She liked it (didn't love it).
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

full flick. watch it again before it's taken down.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

IN AMAZING 360P!!!!!!!
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

it's dvd screener quality. Ain't nothing wrong with that.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I repped you. Relax. :-)

Comment

Comment

It was good, but not Basterds-good. It really was too long and as great as Waltz, DiCaprio, Jackson and yes even Foxx were, it lacked intensity outside of the confrontational scenes.

Bits I loved - hearing the original Bacalov Django theme in awesome surround sound; Django whipping the living shit out of Lil Rog Brittle; everything involving DiCaprio and Waltz; Sheba (now THAT is a woman); the Klan bit - fuck the haters, I laughed a lot; the epic shootout at Candieland.

After that, even with lines like 'I count two guns, nigga', it really should have wrapped up quicker.

However, I also think it will grow on me when I come around to seeing it again. It's still better than most things out there, but its fair to say that Sally Menke's touch was missed.
                  Last edited by Ben Thomas; 01-20-2013, 12:40 PM.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Yup. Could have been tighter, but I still loved the shit out of it.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Loved it. Moreso than Basterds. Don Johnson gets no love. Give BD some love for his turn. I truly believed he couldn't see shit out of that sheet.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Loved what I saw of it - had about a half hour to go, just as Django met up with Australian Tarantino and crew, but I had to stop to go to my niece's birthday party. Just got home, and of course, the video was GONE.

Ah, well - still loved the shit out of this. Everyone delivered and I'm glad Foxx went for this over Will Smif. I do agree it needed some tightening and could have lost some bits here and there, but all in all, a great tribute to the spaghetti westerns of yore. Plus, Franco Fucking Nero!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                          Loved it. Moreso than Basterds. Don Johnson gets no love. Give BD some love for his turn. I truly believed he couldn't see shit out of that sheet.
                          Don Johnson was pretty great, Goggins is always great, Dicaprio really manned up imho. I love just about everything about it, but yeah, a little tightening up wouldn't have hurt.

Comment

Once Leo shows up, the pacing just comes to a complete halt. BAM, downshift. That second hour needs about a 10 minute edit.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I don't know how many minutes but it does need some trimming. But with that said it's still a hell of a movie.

Comment

Tarantino on the Aussies at the end of Django.

Comment

Working...
                                X