No announcement yet.

The 10 Best Performances of the Last Decade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers, Lisa. I know what you mean. I was a bit irritated with myself when I noticed that I didn't punctuate that post properly. No comma before Lisa. Tisk tisk, Bobby. Tisk tisk.

E.T.A

Thanks, Ben. I've not seen Dead Man's Shoes, but I've loved Considine ever since 24 Hour Party People.
    Last edited by Bobby Bear; 10-19-2011, 03:14 PM.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      2) Clive Owen "Closer"
      YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

After some thought, I think that my favorite performance of the past decade is Chloe Moretz as Hit Girl in KICKASS. It's a starmaking role that covers everything...drama, humor, tension, love, grief...it's all there and she delivers on every single level. It's fantastic.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

To further expand on Chloe: the movie may not be ABOUT her character, but the success or failure of the film rests upon hee shoulders...she is the most extreme character in the cast and has to play it JUST RIGHT in order to make it work. A lesser actress would have played Hit Girl as a one note caricature...Chloe makes her a real person that you can actually care about. She goes from being a stunt character to stealing the film. It's a revelation and an incredible breath of fresh air.

She's gonna be a huge, huge star.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Count me in on the Moretz appreciation bandwagon. She was not only great in Kick Ass, but she's been pretty damn great in a lot of stuff I've seen her in recently. Let Me In, while not as good as the original, still delivered thanks to her. Yeah, she was a killing machine in that, but she had this nice bit of cool pathos to her, and some of the scenes she had with Kodi Smit-McPhee were honestly touching and a bit heartbreaking.

I agree with Matt - she's on the right track to be a huge star, and in interviews she seems very appreciative of her success and has a good head on her shoulders. As long as she doesn't go down The Path of Lohan, she has a bright future.

Comment

I agree, Matt and Tim - she was fantastic, she deserves the accolades!
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Rewatching Bronson. Tom Hardy wins the top spot for me.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

I don't have the patience to make a whole list, but what comes to mind is Christian Bale in Rescue Dawn and The Fighter. Both of those performances were amazing in my opinion.
                  If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Sorry to kill the thread everyone!
                    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

You didn't kill the thread! I like just chiming in like you did - I don't have the patience for a list either, hee!
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley View Post
                        I don't have the patience to make a whole list, but what comes to mind is Christian Bale in Rescue Dawn and The Fighter. Both of those performances were amazing in my opinion.
                        The FOIGHTAH especially. Holy shit.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Jennifer Lawrence, WINTER'S BONE.

Remember watching WHAT'S EATING GILBERT GRAPE and thinking that Leo was actually a retarded kid playing himself? Well, I thought that Jennifer Lawrence was actually a hillbilly. She's utterly convincing in every single frame of the film. Tough, smart, and brave. I'm very pleased to see her career take off.

Comment

Working...
                          X