No announcement yet.

Dumb & Dumber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um... I shat on Dumb and Dumber, as any sane man would do.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I'll rephrase this.

Fuck...I've got nothing.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I get it, a lot of you dig this movie. I just don't get the love. It's two people being as stupid as possible and I guess that's supposed to be the point but fuck if I just can't stand it. I was never a huge fan of Jim Carrey to begin with and a lot of the bits in this movie just do nothing for me.

Diff strokes diff folks I guess.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
          I get it, a lot of you dig this movie. I just don't get the love. It's two people being as stupid as possible and I guess that's supposed to be the point but fuck if I just can't stand it. I was never a huge fan of Jim Carrey to begin with and a lot of the bits in this movie just do nothing for me.

Diff strokes diff folks I guess.

If you faulted the film for being a poorly edited first-draft first effort from a pair of neophyte directors...I would give it a pass. But, look at this film and its sequel.

Hell, look at Caddyshack and its sequel.

Study the difference that comedic timing, understanding of the material, improv and general enthusiasm can do for a film.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

I don't care what you compare this movie to. It's still fucking stupid to me. The gags are juvenile at best and retarded at worst. I'm not Devin or Ebert, I'm an average guy who didn't like this flick.

I don't need all the technical details to get my point across. I didn't like the movie, PERIOD. Bottom line, this movie to me, is a turd. And I don't care how much you shine a turd, it's still a turd.

Comment

DERP!

Comment

Whatever. The movie is dumb as shit. Sue me.

Comment

DOUBLE DERP!

Comment

Ok wise guy. Tell me what's so great about the movie. Seriously, defend this turd. Tell me how funny faces and shit noises are soooooo funny, and how squirting condiments every where is genius.

Please, do tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                      If you faulted the film for being a poorly edited first-draft first effort from a pair of neophyte directors...I would give it a pass. But, look at this film and its sequel.

Hell, look at Caddyshack and its sequel.

Study the difference that comedic timing, understanding of the material, improv and general enthusiasm can do for a film.

cough cough

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                        cough cough
                        You didn't persuade me with that. Sorry, try harder or just drop it. The movie is dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                          You didn't persuade me with that. Sorry, try harder or just drop it. The movie is dumb.

I'm not persuading you, I'm prompting you to think about the film. Passive viewing is for assholes.

Comment

Ruckus. I hated the movie. No amount of technical jargon is going to change that. Don't Devin me to death. And if I'm an asshole then fuck it, I'm an asshole. I thought you were better than name calling but whatever.

Comment

I'm not calling you an asshole, I'm asking you not to be a passive viewer.

Have better reasons to hate something than just calling it dumb and dismissing it. If it's garbage, then tear it the fuck down.

Comment

Working...
                              X