No announcement yet.

The Muppets (2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FUCKING MARTINEZ. BLOW ALL THEIR ASSES OFF.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

That's the sort of terrible acting that I love.

In Day, it was just one of those "who can be the loudest dildo here" contests.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

THAT.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Plus every character in Day (except Bub) was a piece of shit.

Comment

Bingo bango.

To be fair, the Ming-ness of his hair probably contributed to my suspicions. Under the harshness of the light on that rooftop + the film's aging.

I mean, am I alone? I thought sure I heard somewhere that was true.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
              That's the sort of terrible acting that I love.

In Day, it was just one of those "who can be the loudest dildo here" contests.
              Whoa whoa WHOA!

Tension's running high so, of course, there's a fair bit of voice raising, but not everyone's unlikable. In fact, the vast majority of non-military types are believably conflicted. In that kind of scenario, who's going to remain completely sympathetic? Take Logan: if using the military's corpses could help save the world, would that be so bad?
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                Bingo bango.

To be fair, the Ming-ness of his hair probably contributed to my suspicions. Under the harshness of the light on that rooftop + the film's aging.

I mean, am I alone? I thought sure I heard somewhere that was true.
                Many a rumor willis had been thrown about for a while, I'd assumed something was off in general, and then the commentary finally revealed the truth.

And as far as the "loudest dildo" contest is concerned, I was referring to the military specifically. But Romero being a pinko-commie-liberal, of course the non-military would come out smelling of roses (sort of sarcastic, but still true).
                Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-24-2011, 08:27 AM.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                  Whoa whoa WHOA!

Tension's running high so, of course, there's a fair bit of voice raising, but not everyone's unlikable. In fact, the vast majority of non-military types are believably conflicted. In that kind of scenario, who's going to remain completely sympathetic? Take Logan: if using the military's corpses could help save the world, would that be so bad?
                  Agreed.

I love you guys, really... but if we were dropped into a scenario like this? Well, don't let the fact that I love you dissuade you from seeing the bigger picture.

Some of you would be on the table.

Comment

Yeah that's fine and dandy, but don't let the scenario cloud the fact that the actors were fucking dreadful.

Polito had his charm, so don't nail that hang-up on me. His was a believable break, while they were acting like schoolyard bullies with the knob broken off at 11.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Joe Pilato is a master thespian.

Even he says so. Who are we to argue?

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                        Yeah that's fine and dandy, but don't let the scenario cloud the fact that the actors were fucking dreadful.

Polito had his charm, so don't nail that hang-up on me. His was a believable break, while they were acting like schoolyard bullies with the knob broken off at 11.
                        Yep. *brofist*

Comment

Many a rumor willis had been thrown about for a while, I'd assumed something was off in general, and then the commentary finally revealed the truth.
                          Just the very fact of there being uncertainty says so much. Thanks. Curious to listen to the commentary now.

Originally posted by V View Post
                          Agreed.

I love you guys, really... but if we were dropped into a scenario like this? Well, don't let the fact that I love you dissuade you from seeing the bigger picture.

Some of you would be on the table.
                          I would become a gun-nut in that scenario, most likely.

Comment

• I thought the cartoony reaction he made when he opened that hall door to his demise was his only misstep.

Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I need to get a screencap of my favorite acting moment in DotD. It's the cop asking about smokes when they are taking the helicopter. That cop is AMAZING.

Comment

Saying the actors were "dreadful" is a massive exaggeration. It's a genre flick. Day and Dawn both are, but even so there's a world of difference between the kind of stuff Liberty and Cardelle were bringing to that of their predecessors. Even the line or two supporting players are vastly superior.

Comment

Working...
                                X