Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever Happened to Alternative Nation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever Happened to Alternative Nation?

For our board members born of the GEN X era. The Onion AV Club is starting a new series that looks at alternative musice.

Today, it starts with 1990.

And yes, Nevermind is now 19 years old.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

I'm still in the 90s. They didn't go anywhere.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

You fully expect me to believe that you remember 1990?

Also I figure Matt, Tim, Iggy, even Vin would have a grand old time with this thread.

Comment

Jesus christ Ed. Just because your childhood was jacked and you apparently don't remember shit before 1995, doesn't mean that some of us don't. I remember buying Nevermind DAY FUCKING ONE. Why? Because my uncle got me hooked on Bleach. I had a pretty sweet child hood sir.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Possibly... but I'm not a Gen X'er, thank the Maker.

Bust out some Parliament Funkadelic, then I'm on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

My uncle also got me hooked on NWA and all of the sweet hip hop coming out of cali during that time. I just had to keep it a secret from my parents.

Comment

*Envisions Rob busting out to Cop Killer by Ice-T*

Straight out of Compton, yo.

Good christ, Rob. I'm just saying about 1990. I remember having a childhood also, duh. It consisted of playing video games, being bounced from elementary to elementary school, throwing temper tantrums, and dealing with my then newborn sister.
                Last edited by Ed Hocken; 10-05-2010, 08:47 AM.

Comment

I still have my Body Count cd with that track on it somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    I still have my Body Count cd with that track on it somewhere.
                    Really? That would be worth some change.
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                      Hold yer mud and drink some Ensure, will ya.

Comment

You think? It was out for a while. Shit, I may have to dig through some boxes.

Comment

Alright, I just facilitated trade. *thumbs up*

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post

Also I figure Matt, Tim, Iggy, even Vin would have a grand old time with this thread.
                            *clears throat* You forgot someone.
                            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I didn't have Nevermind day one, but my brother had me hooked on Bleach. The benefits of an older brother were finding all the great music way before everyone else. And I'm with Rob, 90s never left. More than half of my music is from the 90s, and in my car I am pretty well locked into XM's Grunge station (fucking uuuugh when they play New Radicals or some other bullshit like that).

Comment

Working...
                              X