• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Woe Is My Desktop

Quick rundown of the problem:
    -HP Desktop's constantly BSODing.
    -Haven't downloaded anything bad.
    -Tecently hooked up a 32" LCD TV as a monitor (VGA cable), installed all the latest updates for Vista (including SP2) and yet it's still dying randomly, even during startup.

Any ideas, or should I just cut my losses and try to move stuff over to the external drive and then install Win7 and see if that helps? I asked one of our IT guys and he said it might be an issue with the VGA hookup having to downconvert and suggested that I switch to DVI to see if that helps, but I don't even know if the TV has a DVI hookup. I don't think it does.
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

It should.

And you can get a DVI to VGA adapter pretty cheap (10 simoleons).

And if not, SQUATS.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Cool, so it's not the monitor. I think I have a virus. Startup repair didn't work, and I got the BSOD during boot-up earlier.

BCCode: a
      BCP1: 2F13E52
      BCP2: 0000001B
      BCP3: 00000001
      BCP4: 830B35BA
      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Working...
      X