Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Oh, I definitely got lost, but I still loved every second of it. Its a dense film - the series was what, 7 hours? And they didn't lose much int he translation, so you've got to stay on your toes, but it was clearly made to be seen multiple times.

You know, LA Confidential has a helluva lot going on and if it hadn't had Guy Pearce explaining the whole plot in the final stretch, that one would have left some heads scratching.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Murder By Numbers. You guys know I love me some Sandy B, but phew, did that one stink up the room!
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
          Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Anyone who tells you this wasn't hard to follow is a god damn liar.

Have you never seen the original production or read the book? It's John LeCarre, man.

Next, you're going to tell me you had trouble keeping up with Clive Cussler.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• TTSS requires you to pay attention. You can't be passive in it and expect to follow the story. I appreciated that very much.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              Have you never seen the original production or read the book? It's John LeCarre, man.

Next, you're going to tell me you had trouble keeping up with Clive Cussler.
              I don't like to have already read the book to and adapted movie. My preconceived notions of the look of everything distracts and takes away from what in reality may have been a good movie to something I just pick apart. Plus I like to be surprised.

I should have just followed along here on my phone while watching in the theater.

Comment

• Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Poorma--er Spy.

Truncated to fit the running time, it loses a bit in clarity, but in a way that made it kind of a fun exercise in hunting for details in every frame.

Oldman is fantastic, as is John Hurt in his handful of scenes as Control. An angry John Hurt is always a pleasure to watch.

Ken Bandersnatch [sp?] is also very good. I enjoyed mahself.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I almost hate myself for doing this but.....

Green Lantern - It wasn't the apocalypse. I mean, it's not a great movie but other than not giving a shit about his lady friend and the earth stuff it wasn't that terrible. Of course I also have no ties to the character. Also Hector is Dr. Jenning/Dark Overlord from Howard the Duck lulz.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Green Lantern: the Chris Klein of superhero movies.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Well when you put it that way. Lulz
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Rounded out the first week of the new year with two of the best films of last year: 13 Assassins and Submarine.

13 Assassins is pretty much the best samurai film ever made, excepting The Seven Samurai. Just a delicious, thoughtful and incredibly exciting couple of hours. That final siege - fuck me. 40 minutes? And it keeps re-upping itself. I loved when the traps had been played out, Shinzaemon saying, "Enough tricks!" before getting down to some serious, one-on-ten limb severing. Miike is a largely underseen filmmaker for me. His reputation has put me off some of his films (though I've always thought of Audition as a serious piece of work, and among my favourite modern 'horror' films). That said, I find it hard to believe that this isn't in the upper echelon of his work. Its an outstanding film that manages to balance homage, thematic resonance and top-tier action filmmaking perfectly. Fantastic stuff.

Submarine, while completely different, is no less brilliant. The comparisons to Wes Anderson are apt, but this is no rip-off. Its a very British film (Welsh, to be precise) and a 'quirky rites of passage' tale that doesn't suffer from any of the problems that that statement might imply. Its genuinely heartwarming, touching, hilarious, incredibly tastefully put together and - while an artist's name on a soundtrack is no indication of quality, to my mind - is worth seeing for Alex Turner's songs and how they're integrated into the content. I've always been irked by The Arctic Monkeys' over-hyping over here - I like some of their songs, and enjoyed Turner's side project, The Last Shadow Puppets. But his songs on the soundtrack here are possibly the best work he's ever done: gentle, heartfelt and beautiful. I cannot state how impressed I was with this film. The good reviews did not prepare me for how well made Richard Ayaode's debut film really is. Fans of Rian Johnson and Wes Anderson need to see this film. If none of that has convinced you, it has a supporting role by Paddy Considine playing a new age ninja self-help guru.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                          Rounded out the first week of the new year with two of the best films of last year: 13 Assassins and Submarine.

13 Assassins is pretty much the best samurai film ever made, excepting The Seven Samurai. Just a delicious, thoughtful and incredibly exciting couple of hours. That final siege - fuck me. 40 minutes? And it keeps re-upping itself. I loved when the traps had been played out, Shinzaemon saying, "Enough tricks!" before getting down to some serious, one-on-ten limb severing. Miike is a largely underseen filmmaker for me. His reputation has put me off some of his films (though I've always thought of Audition as a serious piece of work, and among my favourite modern 'horror' films). That said, I find it hard to believe that this isn't in the upper echelon of his work. Its an outstanding film that manages to balance homage, thematic resonance and top-tier action filmmaking perfectly. Fantastic stuff.

Submarine, while completely different, is no less brilliant. The comparisons to Wes Anderson are apt, but this is no rip-off. Its a very British film (Welsh, to be precise) and a 'quirky rites of passage' tale that doesn't suffer from any of the problems that that statement might imply. Its genuinely heartwarming, touching, hilarious, incredibly tastefully put together and - while an artist's name on a soundtrack is no indication of quality, to my mind - is worth seeing for Alex Turner's songs and how they're integrated into the content. I've always been irked by The Arctic Monkeys' over-hyping over here - I like some of their songs, and enjoyed Turner's side project, The Last Shadow Puppets. But his songs on the soundtrack here are possibly the best work he's ever done: gentle, heartfelt and beautiful. I cannot state how impressed I was with this film. The good reviews did not prepare me for how well made Richard Ayaode's debut film really is. Fans of Rian Johnson and Wes Anderson need to see this film. If none of that has convinced you, it has a supporting role by Paddy Considine playing a new age ninja self-help guru.
                          Toldja about 13 Assassins!

Fantastic movie. And i'm happy it's 2010 Miike that did it, with restrain, and not 2001 Miike, You really earn that bloodbath.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Contagion: Goddamn this is my worst fear put to celluloid. Everyone rocked in it, even Paltrow, but Demetri Martin took me out of it everytime he showed up on screen. Besides that this movie is fucking terrifying and really well shot. Screw an economical collapse, we need to be afraid of pigs and bats.

Kick-Ass: Ended up putting this on to give it another chance as I wasn't the biggest fan of it in the theater or again on blu when it came out. I still think they could trim about 15 mins or so throughout the flick, but I no longer hate the ending like I did when I first saw it. Do we need a second one? NO.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• No, definitely not a second one, but I liked the first one a lot.
                              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Posts this.....
                                Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                                I almost hate myself for doing this but.....

Green Lantern - It wasn't the apocalypse. I mean, it's not a great movie but other than not giving a shit about his lady friend and the earth stuff it wasn't that terrible. Of course I also have no ties to the character. Also Hector is Dr. Jenning/Dark Overlord from Howard the Duck lulz.
                                Rob ignores.

Comment

Working...
                                X