Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive. Epic.

Comment

• Indeed. I'm going back to see it next week. I want more Gosling/Refn collaboration...
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Streets of Fire.

What the fuck was that?
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• A Michael Paré classic?

Man, if I remember correctly, it has Rock Moranis and Bill Paxton and a young Diane Lane. Low budget win.

Comment

• Rock Moranis is one hell of a name though....

I see them opening for Wyld Stallyns.

Comment

• Just watched Thor again. Still surprised how much I dig scifi vikings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                A Michael Paré classic?

Man, if I remember correctly, it has Rock Moranis and Bill Paxton and a young Diane Lane. Low budget win.
                I'm just surprised by how well the 80s/50s mash-up worked.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• 'Drive'

Didn't care for it. Didn't like Gosling's character, didn't like the fact that there was hardly any fucking driving in it. I was definitely surprised at how violent it was.

My full theater was openly laughing at the film, by the way.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I will say this: the opening driving sequence of the film was EXCELLENT. It was one of the single best opening sequences that I've seen in recent years. It was like a brilliantly executed chess match.

After that, it turned into a Gosling mope fest. There's one more driving sequence in it that's pretty decent, but that's pretty much it for car action.

Have a blood fetish, though? Well, this is your film. Good GOD.

It's well acted and pretty stylish, but there are extreme pacing issues. The stop/start pacing of the opening car sequence WORKS there, but I didn't think that it worked in the rest of the film.

I much prefer 'The Driver' with Ryan O'Neal and Bruce Dern.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Dammit Matt. You're going The Fifth Element all over again!

Comment

• One mistake some people may do is thinking Drive is an action movie. It ain't.

It's a crime/drama/headsmashing story. With some driving in it.

Comment

• Thought it was supposed to be a neo-noir.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Dammit Matt. You're going The Fifth Element all over again!
                            Not in the same league. I didn't hate it, I was just disappointed in it. I dunno...I was expecting something completely different from what I got, and I wasn't in the MOOD for what I got. For what it's worth, my wife really liked it.

I kid you not about my audience, though; they were seriously laughing during some of the more disturbing sequences of violence. The post-film walkout included a LOT of people laughing at the film, talking about 'how stupid' it was, and so forth. This one will be very polarizing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              The post-film walkout included a LOT of people laughing at the film, talking about 'how stupid' it was, and so forth. This one will be very polarizing.
                              Refn isn't anything approaching a mainstream director. Doesn't surprise me in the least. Three hours until I submit myself to him again.

Comment

• I got a real Michael Mann/adult angst feel watching it. Loved the electro house.

Comment

Working...
                                X