Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROB YOU ARE TEARING THIS FAMILY APART

Comment

RE5 hooked me in with the stupid Umbrella shit. SOOO GOOD MANG. Shadows was awesome in the beginning, but then it just kept going....
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I wonder if we could ever get the Roger Ebert of video game critics?
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

This video makes me sad. Goddammit, this game was fucking amazing in beta. Decent at launch. Shit at the end. It could have been sooooo good.

R.I.P Izzim Sehguh you badass Master Smuggler.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I like Gametrailers' retrospectives, but you need to be a fan for some of them because if you're not. It is boring as shit.

Also, they should never have an episode where they try to setup a in-story timeline for game franchises, e.g Metal Gear, Zelda, Resident Evil, etc.

Comment

Yeah, the guesswork they'd have to put into figuring out the 'XX' in '19XX' would just be too contrived.

The aspie population would go Scanners.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

It's just stupid, I even remember a bullshit AVGN video where he pisses and moans about the "timeline" of Zelda.

NEWSFLASH: There is no continuity in games and it doesn't matter

Comment

In that franchise there certainly isn't, but Metal Gear has a continuity.

An absolutely convoluted, ridiculous continuity that makes me ashamed to try and even explain it to anyone in public.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                    It's just stupid, I even remember a bullshit AVGN video where he pisses and moans about the "timeline" of Zelda.

NEWSFLASH: There is no continuity in games and it doesn't matter

GTA III - present has a continuity. It doesn't get forced to the forefront a lot, but it's there.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                      I like Gametrailers' retrospectives, but you need to be a fan for some of them because if you're not. It is boring as shit.

Also, they should never have an episode where they try to setup a in-story timeline for game franchises, e.g Metal Gear, Zelda, Resident Evil, etc.
                      Metal Gear has a timeline, RE definitely has a time line, Zelda is a bit rough due to the amount of games in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Rherb View Post
                        Metal Gear has a timeline, RE definitely has a time line, Zelda is a bit rough due to the amount of games in the series.
                        Not only that, but every Zelda game is basically a rehash of the original story with convoluted explanations as to why so and so is the new Ganon.

Those games work well that way. Sort of like the self-contained stories of Final Fantasy.

Trying to shoehorn in an actual timeline to something like that, which just jumps back and forth in time and art style, is a waste of neckbeard.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

True that.

Comment

Just thinking about self-contained games, specifically the FF stuff, I recall the best modern RPG (this generation, anyway) wasn't even a SQUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEENIX (SWEEEEEEDISHSWEEEEEEDISH) game.

Is there even a chance that there might be another Lost Odyssey?
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Yeah, but Miyamoto has said there absolutely IS a Zelda timeline. It's Japanesebuttfuckery of the highest order.

Comment

Miyamoto is a fantastic creator, but I don't believe that bullshit for a fucking second.

Even if he shows up to my house with charts, schematics, and other documentation, I will continue to see it as nothing but the story of a dude who rescues a princess from a malevolent force, and then someone hits the reset button on the kingdom.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X