Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compared to the shit in GP, he's fucking MR. Rogers in the first one.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Escalation of spectacle in sequels is expected. You are looking for things to complain about.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Also, there is nothing good about XXX.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          You're kidding, right? You seem to forget he ran faster than an exploding fucking aquarium, hung by a wire harness like some Cirque de Soleil gymnast to steal some secret files in the most Batman-like room in all of Langley, and blew up a helicopter with a stick of semtex-flavored gum only to survive by jumping BACK ON to a bullet train that he had jumped off of to blow Leon and Jon Voight's ballsack up in the first place.

He has always been Superman.

In all fairness, I checked out after the second M:I film as it was obvious the franchise was becoming the Tom Cruise Show. Rob is right, though, as for the first part of the first flick, Hunt was more of a team player than James Bond wannabe. Would've liked to have seen more team stuff than solo shit.
          Last edited by Timothy225; 04-19-2012, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• No, I liked the movie. I was just stating that the first one worked better for me to do the more low-keyness of it. Even with the examples you provided it still doesn't make my enjoyment any different. I did enjoy GP, but I still prefer the first one. IT's cool.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I did laugh about the fact that at this point so many of the gadgets they use are just running custom shit that we can go and buy. Get your depth perception app on iTunes only $2.99!

Comment

• That fucking scene was probably the coolest in the flick.

Comment

• The way you explained it seemed at odds with the truth of the unkillable viking god known as Ethan Hunt.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yeah, I'm bad at explaining my problems with movies without coming off like "OMG IT'S STUPID BECAUSE I HATE IT"

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                      That fucking scene was probably the coolest in the flick.
                      When Simon Pegg's big ass disembodied head showed up in the middle of the hall I lost my shit. Reminded me of the episode of Get A Life when he house sits the haunted place and the big ass faces came out of the walls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                        Yeah, I'm bad at explaining my problems with movies without coming off like "OMG IT'S STUPID BECAUSE I HATE IT"
                        I just picture you morphing into younger Buzz McAlister when he's freaking out that he just drank Howie Mandel's monster piss, thinking it was apple juice.

Just shouting "IT'S PISS!" over and over. Only you're using it as an exclamation of something's quality instead of it actually being piss.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's also because everytime I state a reason why I didn't like a movie or whatever people just say "you're just looking for things to complain about." Like, why the fuck would I watch something to only look for shit to bitch about? That makes no fucking sense. If I have a problem with something, I have a problem. If you don't have a problem with the same thing then that's awesome but it doesn't mean I didn't.

Comment

• I have no problem with you stating reasons why you did or did not enjoy something, just that your reason in this case is odd.

If you'd said "I felt the Bollywood Dude with the enormous head was unnecessary and stupid and the whole tone of the film was quite erratic and not what I want in my M:I films, I wanted a return to the more serious DePalma film" then I'd certainly agree with you. That said, John Woo's installment is painful and I am glad he returned to his native China following the string of sun-dried domestic turds that he excreted after FLYIN'DOVES, MOTORCYCLE JOUST, BOOM BOOM DURSTMOBILE: 2 plopped.
                            Last edited by Captain Russ; 04-19-2012, 10:04 AM.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• So, Elite Squad: The Enemy Within is a fantastic film.

I'm a liberal douchebag through and through, but I'd follow Nascimiento into Hell, guns blazing.

An incredibly ambitious and labyrinthine jaunt through an incredibly violent and decaying city with an incorruptible hardass as your guide. Batman is a colossal fucking pussy.
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 04-19-2012, 10:11 AM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Nothing to add except that I also am on record as really enjoying THE SAINT.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X