Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He shaved his head FOR THAT SHIT!

Dedicated son of a bitch.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That whole movie was just an excuse to show him bald. IT's so goddamn bad.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Trick 'r Treat is still overrated garbage MINUS mini Ceej's story. Sam is fucking dumb. Fuck this movie.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Decided to watch Split again. Man, this movie works on all fucking levels for me. Easily one of my favorite to come out in the last 5 years. I am AMPED for Glass. McAvoy's range during his awakening is still one of my favorite scenes.
          Yep, bought the blu ray and await some time off to watch again. Sooooooooooo good.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The Florida Project.

A beautifully photographed slice of life with (what feels like) naturalistic performances save for an excellent Willem Dafoe and an extended cameo by Caleb Landry Jones who thankfully didn't act from another solar system like he did in the otherwise excellent Get Out. Having lived in Florida for a year... yeah I drove by these parts. It's authentic and sad to see little kids growing up in this environment. There were several times I was mortified by the parenting on display. But that ending is... a real head-scratcher.

The Insider.

Still the finest thing Michael Mann ever did and one of the most rewatchable films. Turned it on to show Ana and was immediately sucked in, just like when I first saw it on VHS back in early 2000.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• THE INSIDER is a masterpiece and yeah, it's arguably Mann's best film.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Ana's only criticism (and it wasn't even a criticism per say) was how the music used at times were odd choices and yet... it somehow worked.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• The Insider is so good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I'd rank The Insider among Pacino's best performances. He was kinda lost in the awards shuffle with Crowe (understandably... and rightfully) taking center stage.

There's a living and breathing reality that comes through the whole film. Yeah, I know they're all actors. But they look and sound like real people. I know that's really Christopher Plummer playing Mike Wallace, for example, but Goddamn does it feel authentic.
                    Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 10-21-2017, 01:35 PM.
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Trick 'r Treat is still overrated garbage MINUS mini Ceej's story. Sam is fucking dumb. Fuck this movie.
                      Dougherty is a great talent. Krampus was one of my favorite films of 2015 and I unabashedly love his work on X2: X-Men United and Superman Returns. But... yeah was this overrated or what?
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Missing.

Makes you never want to step outside on foreign soil. Ever.

Terrifyingly matter-of-fact with the daily routine of walking down the street to multiple bodies lying around, the threat of being one of those with the wrong look at the armed guards, the nightly raids and worst of all a feeling of helplessness where the local officials (whose job it is to help protect you as a US citizen) intentionally running in circles to cover their own asses. Very effective film that would never get made today.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                          Missing.

Makes you never want to step outside on foreign soil. Ever.

Terrifyingly matter-of-fact with the daily routine of walking down the street to multiple bodies lying around, the threat of being one of those with the wrong look at the armed guards, the nightly raids and worst of all a feeling of helplessness where the local officials (whose job it is to help protect you as a US citizen) intentionally running in circles to cover their own asses. Very effective film that would never get made today.

It barely got made back then. The cast worked for peanuts and it took most of Universal's bigger directors going to the top to get Costas Gavras the greenlight.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Annabelle Creation. Snore. BIG FUCKING SNORE. All jump scares, stupid plot, no decent scenes.

Comment

• The Babysitter

Netflix movie by McG. Horror comedy. There's one black character and he was written like a parody to the point I was embarrassed for watching it. Outside that it was a kind of silly movie with a handful of laughs and some pretty good kills. Weird mix of CGI and physical FX though.

Bone Tomahawk

We wanted some kind of period piece horror movie. This isn't strictly horror, but Sarah's never seen it and loves westerns. Plus I am still teaching her the greatness of Kurt Russell. I forgot how slow that whole middle hour of that movie is. It's not boring, but it takes its time building up to confronting the troglodytes. Sarah almost vomited during the first sacrifice, which is saying something because she loves gore and scary shit. What a good fucking movie.

Comment

• Make her split the wishbone with you at Thanksgiving this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X