Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
    In honour of many of our new avatars, I watched Back to the Future Part II yesterday.

All the problems I have with it are in the future sequence, which I never realised is completely done with by 30 minutes in. Once we get to alternate '85, its all gravy and its easily the most interesting of the three films, from a sci-fi point of view. It just doesn't have the charm of the first and that 2015 sequence is pretty horrid, by and large. I still love it, though.
    The lack of a poignant George and Marty moment left much to be desired. The C. Glover void was huge. Seeing a stand-in hanging upside down did not help matters, and in fact made it an even more glaring issue. That was my main gripe with the future segment (and it would have gone a long way toward stirring up the ole emotions once the alt-85 came a-calling).

No, the Cubbies winning did not bother me, nor the Jaws animatic. Those are just charmingly silly and dated.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
      In honour of many of our new avatars, I watched Back to the Future Part II yesterday.

All the problems I have with it are in the future sequence, which I never realised is completely done with by 30 minutes in. Once we get to alternate '85, its all gravy....
      I spent a minute or so saying more or less exactly this to my brother on Sunday night. It was an absolute joy going through the trilogy on Blu-ray in fairly quick succession. I hadn't seen any of 'em in years. Boy, do they all hold up.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Just watched Return of the Living Dead,

That was some solid 80s goodness, they certainly re-used the sets from Repo Man.

End result, Louisville and the world gets fucked.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Currently watching Temple Grandin

What's interesting to me at least at this point is that the way Clarie Danes is acting is similar to the way Jesse Eisenberg does in The Social Network.

Comment

• I thought that movie was great. Danes did a really good job.

Comment

• She really, REALLY did.

I was surprised.

Comment

• The Substitute.

Dangerous Minds with semtex.

Berenger is the John Matrix of the education system, and Ernie Hudson reminds me of my HS assistant principal with the M.C. Hammer wave cut.

I bet this is stashed away in every public educator's storage closet. Or at least a poster surrounded by votive candles.

The only way it could have been any better, was if Tom and his catchers mitt of a face taught the kids capoeira.

MVP: William Forsythe channeling his inner Soldier of Fortune (though Glenn Plummer gives him a run for his money as Conspiracy Brother)
                Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-16-2010, 02:57 PM.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I liked The Principal better. Belushi, Gossett Jr. and Rae Dawn Chong FTW!!
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• According to Jim's Substitute movie was lulzworthy.

This was just ridiculous for the simple fact that a drug war breaks out in a fucking high school where Berenger becomes Batman at several points. Tom Batman.

Batman Begins was basically a gussied up Substitute.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Lulzworthy in the most awesome way. Both are freaking awesome in unintentional ways for sure.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                        The Substitute.

Dangerous Minds with semtex.

Berenger is the John Matrix of the education system, and Ernie Hudson reminds me of my HS assistant principal with the M.C. Hammer wave cut.

I bet this is stashed away in every public educator's storage closet. Or at least a poster surrounded by votive candles.

The only way it could have been any better, was if Tom and his catchers mitt of a face taught the kids capoeira.

MVP: William Forsythe channeling his inner Soldier of Fortune (though Glenn Plummer gives him a run for his money as Conspiracy Brother)
                        Fucking love this movie. This and Sniper were my flicks.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• 'Sniper' is AWESOME.

Started on 'Avatar', blu-ray tonight. HOLY SHIT is this blu-ray gorgeous.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Sniper is awful. Sorry.
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• YOU'RE FUCKING AWFUL.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I saw 'Sniper' in the movie theater with a bunch of friends...seriously, it was one of the better movie experiences of my life. Simply AWESOME.

I've seen it many, many times since. One time it came on TV (I think HBO, as it was uncut) and my wife started watching it. I walked into the room and she was like 'have you ever seen this? Is it good?' and I told her that it was. We stuck around and finished it off and it's now one of her favorites too.

GREAT film.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X