Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck, Skyfall is next week in NA? Would have been a good way to spend Saturday.

Comment

• Rockin' the chucks.

Comment

• Altered. Decent lowbudget alien flick directed by the guy who did the original Blair Witch. Some decent gore effects, and ideas hampered by the budget. The main guy was a surprisingly decent actor though.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• FOR YOUR EYES ONLY.

Still a favorite. The opening pre-title sequence is duff, but the rest is pretty aces. The ski chase and the rock climbing sequences are fantastic, and the keel hauling sequence is very well done. There are a few editing and pacing issues here and there, and the Bill Conti music is terrible, but those don't get in the way of what is a pretty solid entry in the franchise. It could do with 100% less Lynn-Holly Johnson, though...she's laughably bad in this. The wife unit liked it a lot, too.

Carole Bouquet is one of the most beautiful women on Earth. WOW.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Zero Day. Found footage flick of fictional high school shooters. Meh.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• can we have a moratorium on found footage flicks for maybe a year? Yeah?
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Foster Facial Hair View Post
                Zero Day. Found footage flick of fictional high school shooters. Meh.

I liked it better when it was called Elephant.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I did like they way they used the security cameras for the last 10 mins. And I fucking hated Elephant.

Comment

• Sounds awful.

In every conceivable way.

What the fuck, BFFH?
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Running out of shit to watch at work. This week has been soooo fucking dead so I'm clearing out my instant queue.

Comment

• Watch The Thin Blue Line and be enthralled. Second time I'd seen it since undergrad. Still my favorite Morris doc outside Fog of War.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• that's the fine line I have to balance. I don't want to watch something that I may really like for the first time at work, which is why I've been watching alot of stuff I know I don't need to pay full attention to to get the jist of. I will add that though.

Comment

• I hear ya.

Even if you just listened to it (like I did this last time due not getting time to look up from the table), the absolute characters some of these people were will stand out. The Philip Glass score aids in this isolated auditory experience.

Hell, the final few minutes are from an audiotape (Morris' cam broke on the day and had to just use a tape recorder).

If you can't get into it at work, give it a go later on.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Todd Glass' new special is on there. Dunno if he's your cup o' tea but Thin Pig was fucking hilarious.

Same with Moshe Kasher's. Again, dunno if he's your sort of comic, but he's frequently the best part of The Champs Podcast.
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-01-2012, 11:33 AM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I just watched that. Glass is great.

Comment

Working...
                                X