No announcement yet.

Blu Rays: the MUST HAVES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you access the main page? if so, type in planet of the apes in the amazon box.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?tag=podc03-....y=0&Submit=Go

This might work, but not sure.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Nice, I'll have to grab that. I really dig that flick.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yeah, I really enjoyed 'Minority Report' as well. I'll have to consider that one.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Just got the final stats in.

"Avatar" was the Blu-Ray release that officially established the 1:1 ratio for sales. It took 2 fewer months for this to happen for Blu-Ray than it did for DVD.

Suck on that digital downloads.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• 1:1 ratio on sales...do you mean that just as many blu-rays sold as dvds?
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              1:1 ratio on sales...do you mean that just as many blu-rays sold as dvds?

Across the board now.

For every DVD sold, a Blu-Ray is being sold. The general market share is at a 50/50 split.

That's the first indicator of wide adoption and it allows for massive price drops. Lower manufacturing rates and quicker title updates.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Criterion releasing Blu-rays for The Thin Red Line and Seven Samurai. Both will be double dip purchases for me.
                "Look, fuck you. Fuck the plane you flew in on. Fuck them shoes. Fuck them socks with the belt on it. Fuck your gay ass fairy faggot accent. Fuck them cheap ass cigars. Fuck your yuckmouth teeth. Fuck your hairpiece. Fuck your chocolate. Fuck Guy Ritchie. Fuck Prince William. Fuck the Queen. This is America. My president is black and my Lambo is blue, nigga. Now get the fuck out my hotel room, and if I see you on the street, nigga, I'm slapping the shit out of you."-- Riley Freeman

Comment

• Hell yes on 'The Seven Samurai'. Personally, I didn't care for 'The Thin Red Line'. It was extremely beautiful, but I just didn't connect with it.

Comment

• I own the following:

District 9
                    3:10 To Yuma
                    (came in a bundle with a remote and HDMI cable but I like the movie so score)
                    The Fantastic Mr. Fox (looks great, by the way)

I've upgraded my Netflix account to rent Blu-Rays and I have the following in my queue:

JCVD*
                    Splinter*
                    The Informant!*
                    The Slammin' Salmon*
                    Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans*
                    Outlander*
                    Children Of Men
                    Hot Fuzz
                    Sunshine
                    The Wild Bunch
                    Collateral
                    Broken Trail*
                    Face/Off
                    Hellraiser*
                    Miami Vice
                    Punisher: War Zone
                    (don't really care for this one but I figure I should revisit it.
                    The Third Man*
                    Letters From Iwo Jima
                    The Road Warrior
                    Wallace & Gromit: The Complete Collection
                    Audition
                    Black Hawk Down
                    A Perfect Getaway*
                    Ichi The Killer*
                    Yojimbo
                    Saving Private Ryan
                    Inglorious Basterds
                    Daybreakers*
                    Heat
                    Coraline*

*-I haven't seen these at all.
                    "Look, fuck you. Fuck the plane you flew in on. Fuck them shoes. Fuck them socks with the belt on it. Fuck your gay ass fairy faggot accent. Fuck them cheap ass cigars. Fuck your yuckmouth teeth. Fuck your hairpiece. Fuck your chocolate. Fuck Guy Ritchie. Fuck Prince William. Fuck the Queen. This is America. My president is black and my Lambo is blue, nigga. Now get the fuck out my hotel room, and if I see you on the street, nigga, I'm slapping the shit out of you."-- Riley Freeman

Comment

• You've never seen Hellraiser?

Comment

• No.

Comment

• Oooh. I'm envious. I fucking love that movie. If HRII is on blu ray, check that out as well. Throw on some Pixar flicks as well and Zodiac (looks awesome)

Comment

• Ichi on BD is the TITS!

Comment

• Man are you in for a treat with 'The Third Man'.

Comment

Working...
                              X