No announcement yet.

board games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait for the rest of the relatives to arrive so I can school them all in Trivial Pursuit: Masters Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Heard good things on NETRUNNER. Hoping to play that next gaming day.

It's the fucking goods. Once you know the rules pretty well the games become ridiculously awesome. So much bluffing and whatnot. Love it.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I kind of dug Magic, even though I never played it much (the guys In played with moved away). So I doubt I'd ever get to play this, but it sounds really cool.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

The nice thing about this game is that only one person really needs to buy the base game. So if you have a buddy into card games/board games you only really need to spend like 30 bucks and you're good to go.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

nothing like magic as you're not chasing super rare or ridiculous cards. You just make a deck with the cards they give you. Gives everyone a chance to win.

Comment

We actually stopped playing because my one friend went apeshit, buying decks like they were going out of style, and he had this one super rare card that kills all your creatures in a single turn. I lost my fucking mind one night when he pulled that one out for the 1st time, destroying a carefully constructed army of creatures & boosts to support them. It just pissd me off beyond all reason, because this still livin' at home, no responsibilities havin' ass had all that disposable income to go chase Magic cards, while I had car payments, student loans & rent to think about. I think I bought maybe 6 packs, & he probably bought like 20.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Mobile Frame Zero.

This sounds fucking AWESOME.

Totally free for the most part and you probably have all of the pieces you need to play. Think I may try this out in a few weeks.

Comment

fuck yeah, should be getting the new second expansion for Netrunner in the mail today. shit is dope. love this game.

Comment

Picked up King of Tokyo for my siblings for Christmas. Played it with them this weekend and had a blast. Pretty easy to pick up and play. Mixture of tactics and luck. Dug it so much that Lesley and I bought King of New York last night. It adds buildings/military units to the game and some new dice options. Pretty fun.

Comment

• finally picked up that X-Wing Miniatures game this weekend after eyeing it for months.

Comes with 3 ships, bunch of cards and obstacles, and player pieces.

You create your squad (different ships have different powers/upgrade possibilities), lay out the obstacles (in this case asteroids) and go to town.

It's actually pretty fun and Lesley kicked my ass the second game. Double teamed Poe and blew my ass up.

Totally buying more ships (yeah, yeah, they got their hooks in me)
                      as I want giant battles now dammit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Picked up King of Tokyo for my siblings for Christmas. Played it with them this weekend and had a blast. Pretty easy to pick up and play. Mixture of tactics and luck. Dug it so much that Lesley and I bought King of New York last night. It adds buildings/military units to the game and some new dice options. Pretty fun.
                        Kinda want that one for my kid.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• it's fun. Def need 3 people minimum to play but it's a bunch of fun with more.

Comment

• I'll be getting Settlers of Catan, and some easier to play with the son
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Just played my first game of Unearth during my lunch break with some coworkers. Pretty fun little dice game.

Comment

• PIcked up 5 Minute Marvel a few weeks ago as I dug the original 5 Minute Dungeon game. The Marvel version is much more fun imo and adds some neat mechanics.

Jist: You have 6 bosses total to fight. You get 5 minutes per boss (there is an app you download for the timer that has music and voice acting and shit, it's neat) and every player (up to 5) pick a specific Marvel character along with 10 special hero cards. The rest of the deck is split between players. Each card has a special icon/color associated with it.

The boss has a number of "minion" cards that you have to fight through before you can attempt the boss. On the minion cards are icons that each player needs to work together to "beat". IF you all have the appropriate cards that match the icons on the minion card you defeat it and move to the next. Interspersed throughout the minion cards are extra "crisis" cards that throw a wrench into the mix like discard your hand, give your hand to another player, etc..

If you get through all of the minion/crisis cards on the boss "mat" then you have to take on the boss. Beat that, timer stops and you shuffle all the cards and move on to the next boss.

Today we made it to the 4th boss out of 6.

Fun part is? You can seriously lose in the first 30 seconds of the game if you or your teammates don't have the appropriate cards. I've never made it to the end yet haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X