Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colony: Discovery Channel does Fallout

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/colony/colony.html

What would you do in the wake of a global catastrophe? How would you find food? Water? Shelter?
    The Colony is a controlled experiment to see exactly what it would take to survive and rebuild under these circumstances. For 10 weeks, a group of 10 volunteers, whose backgrounds and expertise represent a cross-section of modern society, are isolated in an urban environment outside Los Angeles and tasked with creating a livable society.
    With no electricity from the grid, no running water and no communication with the outside world, all the volunteers have to work with are their skills and whatever tools and supplies they can scavenge from their surroundings.
    Experts from the fields of homeland security, engineering and psychology have helped design the world of The Colony to reflect elements from both real-life disasters and models of what the future could look like after a global viral outbreak.
    Over the course of the 10-week experiment, the Colonists must work together to build the necessities of survival, such as a water-filtration system, a battery bank that powered their electricity, a solar cooker, a shower system and a greenhouse – and even some niceties (a coffee maker!).
    Hmms. Intrigued.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

could be cool. not betting on it.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

No zombies, no watchie
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I bet if there were sweaty guys beating each other up in the Colony, you'd watch.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

As long as it doesn't become the next Real World or Survivor, I'm down.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

LA? Not Detroit? Boring.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
              I bet if there were sweaty guys beating each other up in the Colony, you'd watch.
              No holds barred or Vegas rules? And since when did you stop liking sweaty guys. Fighting, that is.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

This show is great. Handyman is going to kill someone by the end, hopefully annoying Aerospace Engineer Girl. "Oh hai, stranger who just showed up outside our shelter. Please come in and let me tell out about all of our supplies and infrastructure." She would be the first victim if food supplies ran low.

Comment

OMG I MISSED THIS?! dammit.

Comment

Yeah, it premiered last night after Deadliest Catch. I'm sure there will be a hojillion repeats throughout the week.

Comment

DVR has been set to record, previews looked sweet
                      "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Zombies. Yay or nay?

Comment

Nay, but there are marauders who attack the group. The only lame part about that is the marauders aren't allowed to physically hurt the group.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                            Nay, but there are marauders who attack the group. The only lame part about that is the marauders aren't allowed to physically hurt the group.
                            That's not marauding then, that's more like pestering.

Comment

So as I'm watching the new episode this morning it occurs to me- is the only way to survive the post-apocalypse to be a misanthrope? So far, Mike the Handyman and Joey the Ex-Con are the only guys talking a whole lot of sense and they're both assholes. Maybe it's just because there are so many pansy-ass bleeding hearts in the group but it Mike and Joey really stand out as the only people really understanding the situation. A couple of the engineer guys aren't too bad but I think they'd still be eaten alive in the real End Days.

Comment

Working...
                              X