No announcement yet.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got another couple hours with it yesterday, and finally sent out into the open world. It's pretty insane when you realize there's a basic tutorial which takes about 15-20 minutes...then the whole first town and the side quests are designed to slowly unravel the world for you. And finally you'll get into the real deal after 5 hours or so. But I adore it. It's so good. And absolutely beautiful.

Comment

Why didn't you get it for PC?
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Because my PC has basically the exact same hardware as PS4/Xbone and I would prefer spending 100+ hours on my couch with a big TV than hovering over a smaller monitor. After years of buying everything on PC it's so nice to sit back on my couch again.

Comment

ah, cool. Just wasn't sure if this was better on a console or not.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

It's not a game you're going to play on keyboard and mouse, so if that's your concern don't make it one. And the PS4 version does look just amazing. The world is beautiful. From what I am seeing online a GTX970 running Witcher 3 in 4K looks absolutely amazing, better than GTAV, but if you're not running to that level then chilling on the couch may be the better choice. When I build my new PC I will grab this and GTAV so I can play both in 4K again.

Comment

Hope to start this later today. I want to get some play in before Supernatural.

Sorry about the Rockets, Billy (Warriors fan here).
              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Fil View Post
                Hope to start this later today. I want to get some play in before Supernatural.

Sorry about the Rockets, Billy (Warriors fan here).
                If Dwight hadn't banged his knee and/or Josh Smith didn't go stone hands under the basket on Harden passes we would have stole that game. That said, thrilled that our defense was there for all but that 4 minute run in the second.

Comment

So, I like the game so far, but I think I'm in the Gertsmann/Shoemaker camp of the controls and battle system just not feeling good. It's frustrating the hell out of me. I feel like I may be playing the game wrong.
                  "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Nah. Controls are sticky icky.

Eww wee
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

The weight of Geralt is crazy. It's GTA but with 50lbs plates on his ankles. Takes a second to get going but then he overruns everything because he can't stop. It's still incredible.

Comment

Played like seven hours today. Fuck. This game is incredible.

Comment

Played enough of this over the weekend that I had to charge my PS4 controller mid-game three times. I don't even know how to talk about it without dropping insane amounts of spoilers. The story telling in this game is incredible. So meticulous, and everything connects. I did a LONG series of secondary missions with Trish that connected with the main quests I was also working on, just bouncing between depending on what I thought made the most sense for the story...and jesus. The differences that can happen depending on your choices are insane. I will find some time to write up some changes I've found out talking it over with friends.

Comment

Hoping to get into this tonight.
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                              Hoping to get into this tonight.
                              Just a word of warning, consider all the time you spend in White Orchard to be tutorial. When you can leave to Velen and do work for the Baron the game opens up a LOT more. My recommendation though? Go back to White Orchard and find all the points of power. You will get free talent points and a little boost to your early game build.

Also, yeah fire SEEMS good for humans. Naw, force push. If they fall it's one shot kill on them.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                Just a word of warning, consider all the time you spend in White Orchard to be tutorial. When you can leave to Velen and do work for the Baron the game opens up a LOT more. My recommendation though? Go back to White Orchard and find all the points of power. You will get free talent points and a little boost to your early game build.

Also, yeah fire SEEMS good for humans. Naw, force push. If they fall it's one shot kill on them.
                                  Spoiler: So Bill, what'd you think about ye olde Bloody Baron and... 
                                ...the flying dead baby spirit?

What balls they have, CD Projekt, to go for something so fucked and hilarious looking.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X