The Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Americans

You guys, this show is pretty good. Good actors, good attention to detail of the era the show is set in, and great music choices. The only thing I'm not sure about at this point is how old Keri Russell's character is supposed to be because they show her in training around 20 YEARS before the show takes place.

I posted The Who's Eminence Front music video in the "What are you listening to?" thread a few days ago in preparation for this show's premiere. The music was mainly the thing that got my attention. that and espionage. Well it worked. I watched it and am totally on board for the rest of it. Especially after the last scenen in the pilot. I even stopped watching the dvr recording before they gave a brief preview of what is to come this season. Keri Russell kicking ass was hot.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
      You guys, this show is pretty good. Good actors, good attention to detail of the era the show is set in, and great music choices. The only thing I'm not sure about at this point is how old Keri Russell's character is supposed to be because they show her in training around 20 YEARS before the show takes place.
      She's 37 in real life. On the show it's supposed to be the early 80's. The flashbacks are in the 60's when she was supposed to be 16. Adds up to me.

Comment

She's 37?!?! Daaaamn, Felicity doing good for herself.

And, yeah, that last scene was aces. I was nervous he was going to make noise and then that silhouette happened. Man, good stuff.

Comment

Show is the fucking goods. I was hooked about 10 minutes in. I was having espionage dreams after watching it.

Comment

Soooooooooo I know what I'm torrenting today.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Pretty fucking great.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Wasn't bad but didn't grab me yet. Will give it another 2 episodes. However, I can't deal with the main guy's face. He looks like a reject from the underground plastic surgery lab from Escape from L.A.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Damn this show is good. I loved Stan coming over to Phillips place, and not knowing if he is fucking with him, or just being a good neighbor. "We lived in the city, you know, 1st, 2nd, Lincoln, Washington." I mean come the fuck on, that's SO GOOD. And it seems that every episode I am going to see some super 80s shit from my childhood that makes me crack up. Tonight it was the god awful salmon paint in the kitchen.

Comment

That terrible winter coat Keri Russell wears.

I like this show a lot. It's somehow reassuring that even when he's playing a good guy, Noah Emmerich is still a total dick. That caviar scene with Phillip was tense as hell.

Comment

Tense as hell episode. Really like how they wrapped a story around Reagan being shot, and finally gave us that feeling of how close we came to war so many times.

Comment

I tried and just cannot get into this show. I hate the main guy's face so much I can't deal.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

You sound like my mother.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

I bet your mom is awesome. I'm also not a fan of Keri Russell. I'm actually relieved that I'm not into this show as I have so many other shows to stay up on. I'm already a month behind on Justified

Comment

You would be right, she is. Keri Russell was good in MI3. She sold the brainbomb pretty well. Also behind on Tales from Raylanland.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X