No announcement yet.

Questions for the Brits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally the same person. We recognise Santa and Father Christmas as the same character, it's just rare that anyone over here (of my generation at least) would call him Santa.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

HEATHENS.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
        Totally the same person. We recognise Santa and Father Christmas as the same character, it's just rare that anyone over here (of my generation at least) would call him Santa.
        Why is that, that the name Santa's gone out of fashion?
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

He's just always been Father Christmas over here. I guess parents got sick of explaining what 'Santa Claus' meant. But actually a lot of European countries call him variants of Father Christmas. In France, he's Pere Noel and I think most of the Latin-derived languages use a variant on that, so maybe we got it from them.
          Last edited by Ben Thomas; 10-12-2013, 03:21 AM.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Why do birds suddenly appear, ev'ry time you are near?

Why do stars fall down from the sky, ev'ry time you walk by?
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Cos I'm beautiful. Or as they say in Manchester, 'fit as fook'.

Comment

And jus' loike me, they long ter be. . .

Cloooooose t' yerrrrrr. . . . .

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Sorry for the sillyness, I just have no serious inquiries for teh brits at this time.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Why do you guys get to have casts of characters that are actually human and not some fucking model assholes on your television programming?
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Yeah, that is kind of fooking weird yeh.

Comment

You Brits DO realize it's "disoriented", & that "disorientated" isn't a word, right?

Comment

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de...h/disorientate

Comment

Which just goes to show how far American English has deviated from her mother tongue (which is also a mish mash of other languages).
                            Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

We're the Mary.

You're the Rhoda.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

You're the DiNozzo.

We're the McGee.
                                Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

Working...
                                X