The Nintendo 3DS thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nintendo 3DS thread

ITT Rob and I talk about how we'll be buying this on launch day and how haters gonna hate.

I wasn't really sold on the system until I watched the software launch trailer. Holy cats, there be a lotta games I need to play. I don't care if the StarFox game is a port of the N64 title. That was probably the most-played game I had. And Professor Layton? FUCK YES.

Admittedly, if the launch price is too fucked up I'll probably wait a couple months but as soon as that Professor Layton game is released I'm buying one.

Day 1. That is all.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I can wait for a price drop, but I love the shit out of my DS and will be all over this. New Animal Crossing? Fuck ya!
      XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

Do we know if this is going to play DS games? Nintendo wants $75 to fix the broken hinge on my DS, and I have a problem paying that much when I can go buy a brand new Lite for like $110 or whatever it is now, and double problem if the 3DS is going to play regular DS games.

But Layton and Scribblenauts, you call to me.

Comment

Unless they've changed it, it will play DS games but not old GB/A carts.

Comment

Yea, I'm a sucker for all this footage coming from the Tokyo showing this past week. Hoping that I have enough from taxes to just sit on until March. It is March right?

Comment

March 27th, $249.99.

Comment

already preordered mine.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Once I see what my tax return is I likely will through BDR Amazon.

Comment

awww yeah.

Comment

Both BOO and EH in regards to the stupid fucking friend code. At least it's only one code now, but I'd rather just link that shit to my fucking email.

Comment

That price is about what I expected. I doubt I'll get it at launch but like I said before, I'll be breaking in to Best Buy the morning Professor Layton and/or Star Fox is released.

Comment

Boourns to the launch line up.

Besides Street Fighter, I don't really want anything.

Comment

Damn, I was hoping the Splinter Cell game would make it, as I loved Conviction. The only thing interesting at all to my is Ghost Recon, but I don't think I'll snag it bc it's big 360 brother will be out. lulz@buying a 3DS and no 3D games. At least I will play my unplayed stack of DS games.

Comment

Whatever happened to the good 'ole days when Nintendo released a brand spankin' new Mario game with the launch of their systems? The 3DS lineup looks like a snooze.

Comment

Working...
                              X