No announcement yet.

Random Shit Dealing With Comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most of the comics are bagged, none are boarded. Those that I never got around to bagging I kept in perfect shape, though. When I started to.lose interest, I got way behind on bagging...I probably have two boxes of stuff that's unbagged.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I don't have the time or patience to deal with eBay. This is a space issue more than anything...they need to go.
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• yeah, you probably won't get much. Maybe a bit for the autographed stuff but you may want to throw shit on Ebay to get a gauge on if anyone is buying.

*edited to add* if you don't want to go on ebay then just take the boxes up to the Source and get a few bucks or shit, donate them to a children's hospital or something.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I've got a guy who owns a shop in Bloomington that is willing to buy my collection. He doesn't know what I have yet, but he has an idea of how much I have. As a bonus, he's willing to come out to the house to make the deal and take them. Was gonna email him today, send him a general list, and try to get a sense of what he's willing to offer. If I don't like it, I'll email some other places.

Hoping to get at least 2K when all.is said and done.

Comment

• Do it, Matt. If you have somebody willing to buy it, sell it. Save yourself the aggravation of sniffing around for a better deal.

Reminds me I have about 16 longboxes of stuff myself. Might sell 'em off, but I do read 'em from time to time. Probably won't get much, but if things get rough, might be worth it.

Comment

• Keeping all my Elric and Conan stuff, plus a few favorites here and there. That's about all that I read anymore...most of my collection hasn't seen the light of day in over a decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                Serious question time.

I have twelve boxes of comic books. I've gone through all of them and have decided to sell, in essence, eleven of them. That's approximately 3300 comic books.

I've gone through them and catalogued most of the major stuff. I have several that are worth decent money...most of it isn't worth much more than cover price, though. I have individual runs or collector issues that are worth some major coin...$50 to $100 from what I can tell. I also have quite a few autographed comics:
                SANDMAN 21 through 40 autographed by Neil Gaiman, 38 through 40 also autographed by Jill Thompson
                SUPERMAN 75 autographed by Dan.Jurgens
                AMAZING SPIDERMAN 279 autographed by Stan Lee
                I got these autographs in person so I know they are legit.

How much should I expect from selling these to a comic shop?
                How do I assess a value to the autographed issues?
                Any advice in general?

Thanks.

Here's the breakdown.

You'll be lucky to hit 2K in this economy going through retail outlets. However, look at auction houses and specialty dealers. See who has an interest. Surprisingly the demand for autographed comics has shot up a lot recently.

That being said, if it's not a key issue anymore...nobody's paying top dollar for it. Even CGC graded.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Do you have a recommendation on who to contact on my autographed stuff?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Do you have a recommendation on who to contact on my autographed stuff?

Call around your local area and nail it down. It's never easy, but worth it in terms of personal profit.

Catalog your comics and let me know what's worth a shit in your collection. I can always thumb around the collectors here and see if there's a buyer.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• There's a Night With Marvel at the Drafthouse hosted by Cerny in a few weeks for that character based in Houston. Should I go?

Comment

• If you can deal being around Nordling in person. I met him once (and once was more than enough).
                        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Yeah, it's on like a Wednesday afternoon plus Nordling will be moderating it. Pretty much two strikes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            There's a Night With Marvel at the Drafthouse hosted by Cerny in a few weeks for that character based in Houston. Should I go?

Go and write a piece. I'd be interested in running it, if Rerb isn't.

Comment

• Trying to find the complete run of Steranko's Outland adaptation that appeared in Heavy Metal.

How is this not a collected work? HOW I ASK! HOW!?
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Lee Bermejo's stuff looks great as usual.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X