Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brain Dead Radio Episode 59: Rise of the Planet of the Riled Up Contagious Fright Ape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    HATED IT *Three seconds later* IF IT WASN'T CALLED FRIGHT NIGHT I WOULD HAVE LIKED IT SOME.

COME ON HUGHES WTF?!? Lulz @ that.

It's great not being a professional reviewer and it sucks to be a fanboy sometimes.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
      It was a soulless cash-in. If you're gonna do that pander to the fucks that liked the original somehow.
      Sorry, I disagree and am glad they didn't pander to you. Agree/disagree.
      I liked it up until the retarded Jerry "IMMA VAMPIRE GUISE" shit. I like parts but it never fully gels. And there was no where near enough of Tennett.
      I will agree that was an odd sequence however it was not enough to crush my enjoyment. Of course I wasn't waiting on one goofy ass line from the OG flick.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I didnt' rent it based on that line. I hoped they would have that line. Especially with how much they played up the Brewster dumping Mclovin and the LARPing for shoes and chicks. It was a stupid thing not to have in it to be honest. It fit in way more in this flick than the original in the way Brewster was played.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Ceej's hate of Rise is baffling. More so than the Fright Night shenanigans. Like HARDCOAR.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

But I didn't hate the movie because of it. It just cemented for me that I wasn't a huge fan of it.

Comment

I didnt' rent it based on that line. I hoped they would have that line. Especially with how much they played up the Brewster dumping Mclovin and the LARPing for shoes and chicks. It was a stupid thing not to have in it to be honest. It fit in way more in this flick than the original in the way Brewster was played.
              Why? What does that one line add other than nostalgia? How would that ONE LINE make or break that flick. It's borderline insanity. You're entitled to that opinion but it's just........I have no words.

Comment

I liked it up until the retarded Jerry "IMMA VAMPIRE GUISE" shit. I like parts but it never fully gels. And there was no where near enough of Tennett.
                Tennant was cool, until the shoehorned backstory comes into play. It's part of why I thought the ending fell flat.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

I never said the movie would have been great if that line was in it. If I did in the podcast or on here then it was a mixup of words. I thought the movie was passable with some stupid moments mixed with some great ones but to not have that line in it seems fucking silly.

Comment

YOU ARE THE ONES WHO ARE THE SILLY
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

I never said the movie would have been great if that line was in it. If I did in the podcast or on here then it was a mixup of words. I thought the movie was passable with some stupid moments mixed with some great ones but to not have that line in it seems fucking silly.

I'll move on now.

Comment

And it seems fucking silly due to how "cool" they were playing Brewster in this compared to the original. Hot fucking girlfriend, new friends, fancy clothes, etc. All remakes/re-imaginings have call backs to the stuff before it. It just seemed really silly for that one line that OG fans of the flick love isn't in it. Did it ruin the flick? No. Does it make your opinion of the movie wrong? no. Did it disappoint Ceej and I seeing that we are hardcore 80's horror fans and used to quote this movie prior to ever recording podcasts? Yes.

Comment

Does Punk even sleep?
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

And it seems fucking silly due to how "cool" they were playing Brewster in this compared to the original. Hot fucking girlfriend, new friends, fancy clothes, etc. All remakes/re-imaginings have call backs to the stuff before it. It just seemed really silly for that one line that OG fans of the flick love isn't in it. Did it ruin the flick? No. Does it make your opinion of the movie wrong? no. Did it disappoint Ceej and I seeing that we are hardcore 80's horror fans and used to quote this movie prior to ever recording podcasts? Yes.
                            If anything, the fact McLovin didn't turn into a wolf should be higher up on the list of complaints. Remember that weird ass shit?
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Ceej was checked out before then. I just wanted more Tennett by that point.

Comment

Ceej's lack of commitment is troubling.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X