No announcement yet.

Braindead Radio Episode 9: Holodecks & Fleshlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class! Gonna go grab a beverage and get crackin' with this immediately.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Happy to be the bearer of good news re: the new Blu Dawn. Even though financially the octodip isn't so much fun (except for getting a new version of something beloved.)

Gotta agree with the tough but fair assessment of contemporary Green Day. American Idiot really soured that band for me. As for the Offspring, it's not all bad post-Smash. There's a lot to love about Ixnay On The Hombre ("All I Want", "The Meaning of Life", and "I Choose", notably.) But yes, "Gone Away" was a lumbering, hollow ploy for "maturity." Like "Adam's Song" by Blink 182, really.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Concurred. That's actually a pretty good comparison.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Thanks, mate. Great show, by the way. Hopefully, Cj will get more involved with the boards. I can appreciate keeping a low profile, though. Looking forward to the tackling of gravedigger's excellent question already.

Comment

Thanks sir. Hopefully next episode we can dive into grave's question. He always does that when he calls in.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
              Happy to be the bearer of good news re: the new Blu Dawn. Even though financially the octodip isn't so much fun (except for getting a new version of something beloved.)

Gotta agree with the tough but fair assessment of contemporary Green Day. American Idiot really soured that band for me. As for the Offspring, it's not all bad post-Smash. There's a lot to love about Ixnay On The Hombre ("All I Want", "The Meaning of Life", and "I Choose", notably.) But yes, "Gone Away" was a lumbering, hollow ploy for "maturity." Like "Adam's Song" by Blink 182, really.
              I love "All I want", but then I like "Million Miles Away".
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                I love "All I want", but then I like "Million Miles Away".
                There are worse offenses in the Offspring's canon. I'll always have a soft-spot for "All I Want" because it was one of the first songs I learned on bass.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                  There are worse offenses in the Offspring's canon. I'll always have a soft-spot for "All I Want" because it was one of the first songs I learned on bass.
                  For me, it's because it's the first song you hear out of the gate on Crazy Taxi.
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

The song I hate probably the most by them is still Come Out and Play. FUCK THAT SONG.

Comment

Holodeck works by using mini-tractor beams.
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

NERD ALERT.

Ok, so a tractor beam keeps me in place the whole time then?

Comment

I think. I read it in a book a long time ago.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            NERD ALERT.

Ok, so a tractor beam keeps me in place the whole time then?
                            If that's so, I want a tractor beam just so I can finally break dance.
                            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

A Smash fan who doesn't like "Come Out and Play?" It's far from my list of favourites from the band, but that's a definite first.

Comment

Working...
                              X