Nu DC Universe: Week Three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nu DC Universe: Week Three

Batman fared better than expected. Scott Snyder can write.

However, the rest of it was a mixed bag of day old pork and dog shit.

That being said...Catwoman has turned into fan fiction.

That is all.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Laura Hudson is a clownshoe.

The outcry over Catwoman is hilariously overblown. The art and half-assed story is horrible, but the character interaction is not the main problem.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
      Laura Hudson is a clownshoe.

The outcry over Catwoman is hilariously overblown. The art and half-assed story is horrible, but the character interaction is not the main problem.

Well, Catwoman isn't the problem. It's part of it. Suicide Squad, Detective Comics, etc. are the problem.
      Amanda Waller slimming down is the problem.
      The desire to cut off creator rights from now and into the future is the problem.
      The fact that DC is nothing more than a potential licensing dump for Warner Brothers is the problem.
      You know what the worst part of all of this is? It's the fact that young kids won't even be bothered to give a shit.

That Youtube girl video was a nice bit of plugging for Justice League. But, it's one kid. One kid vs. a nation of little fucks that think literature ends and begins with a British wizard.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Well, this entire concept was an act of desperation. One that clearly had not been ironed out, and in a climate where people are suffering from superhero fatigue, I'm not all that surprised by the lack of mainstream interest in this gamble.

I'm enjoying it anyway. Even the shitty stuff is entertaining.

It's a bummer about what they've decided to do to Waller, though. I shudder to think what they'll do to Granny Goodness.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

And I don't think kids would or should be encouraged to pick any of this stuff up.

At least not until they're 13 and getting into staring at tits as a full-time job.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

How was the new Perez Superman comic?
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
              How was the new Perez Superman comic?

Currently waiting to be downloaded. I haven't started the process yet. But, the more I pour over Wonder Woman...the more I see the roots of the problem.

It was a visually stunning issue but it represents the larger problem, while maintaining a quality story.

Comment

If anyone gives me their copy of Action Comics #1 and Superman #1, I'll wuv wou wong time.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Week 4 isn't doing much better. I still have to finish reading it. I'll do a week breakdown tonight and put up the ones worth reading afterwards for the entire line.

Comment

George Perez exits Superman
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                    X