Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH DC!

Seriously, guys.

Jim Lee's old ass ain't going to save you. Relaunches after relaunches aren't going to save you.

Kudos on giving Superman over to Morrison (13 years after he fucking asked for it).
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Read the press releases, saw the pic of the Justice League, and I'm not really impressed or motivated to pick up any of the new books. Looks like DC's trying to go the Ultimate Universe route again after the All-Star line tanked.

Meh, whatever. If folks like this new direction/reboot/relaunch/what-have-you, more power to 'em. Gots me plenty of older stuff to re-read and enjoy!

Comment

It's a little different than Ultimate. Ultimate Marvel was an experiment in manipulating the direct market. It worked and they got a fuckload of movie/licensing opps out of it.

This move for DC is admitting defeat and trying to do anything to get their sales up. Also, it's a sneak attempt at saving Superman when the courts give the Siegel Shuster estate their settlement.

Shit's going to get weird fast.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Is the legal stuff with Superman related to stuff I read about the suit not being able to be used in future movies or something?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
          Is the legal stuff with Superman related to stuff I read about the suit not being able to be used in future movies or something?

He won't be able to leap, he won't be from Krypton, he won't work at a newspaper, he won't be named Kal-El, he won't wear the shield, etc.

If they don't cut a deal and quit screwing over creators. DC brought this on themselves, because they spent decades shitting on these guys.

Comment

Maybe we'll finally get a new origin scene haha
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

So exactly how much would it cost DC to settle with Siegel and Shuster's heirs and be done with this? The more they drag this out, the more it'll cost, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                So exactly how much would it cost DC to settle with Siegel and Shuster's heirs and be done with this? The more they drag this out, the more it'll cost, right?

DC owes anywhere from 100-200 million low-end.

Comment

Ouch.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

They best be selling a lot of comics then, huh? Action figures, too. GEEZ.

If I had WB's money, I'd have settled or just bought Superman outright and be done with this. They'll have plenty of $$$ after the last Harry Potter flick drops, barring merchandise sales and so on, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      They best be selling a lot of comics then, huh? Action figures, too. GEEZ.

If I had WB's money, I'd have settled or just bought Superman outright and be done with this. They'll have plenty of $$$ after the last Harry Potter flick drops, barring merchandise sales and so on, right?

Well, you can't buy something outright if the copyright is in question. DC never legally obtained it. Not even in 1940s standards.

Comment

Ah, my bad entirely. Been a long day.

Comment

Neat.

Comment

Pretty awesome.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Now that's pretty cool. Creepy, too!

Comment

Working...
                              X