• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
    Spider Man 2 > Kick-Ass

Superman > Kick -Ass

Blade 2 > Kick - Ass

Kick Ass > Blade 3/Superman 3/Spider-man 3
    Maybe Spiderman 2. Maybe, but Blade 2? No fucking way.

And as much as I like the 5th Element, waying Kickass < 5th Element is relish. Stop being a Hocken.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• More like "Stop Hocken it."
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• 5th Element is a better movie in my opinion. And Blade 2 is so much better than it has any right to be. GDT killed it. Especially since I wrote off the series after the abysmal first one.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Blade 2 is alright (huge GDT fan), and I liked the 5th Element, but Kickass shits all over these 2 movies and then ejaculate in their hair.

Comment

• Different strokes for different folks. Like I've said countless times in this thread, I'll give it another chance on video. It may play better for me. But this movie IN NO WAY is the best superhero film ever.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Blade 2 is alright, and I liked the 5th Element, but Kickass shits all over these 2 movies and then ejaculate in their hair.
              Then kicks them out of a moving car in the middle of nowhere?

Comment

• It's certainly among the top 3 superhero movies. It's really well made.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                  Then kicks them out of a moving car in the middle of nowhere?
                  Right after taking their wallet and money.

Comment

• My enjoyment of 5th Element really depends on my mood. I have to be in just the right kind of whimsical, slapstick mood to be able to watch that film without killing a dolphin. And even then.

I think Blade is better than Blade II. There was a subtlety and style to it that was completely missing in II. Yeah the Decon Frost stuff went over the top near the end, and I could never figure out why the older vampires just went along with being herded into their little positions in the crazy alter, but everything before that really worked for me.

With Blade II, there was too much stuff just crammed in for the sake of being able to cram it in. This to me was a precursor to how Del Toro would handle Hellboy 2 in that he had his own ideas that he was trying to fit into someone else's franchise or universe, but that universe was ill-suited for what he was trying to accomplish. He is at his best when doing his own original work (Pan's Labyrinth and The Devil's Backbone were both excellent excellent films). Alfonso CuarĂ³n, on the other hand, was able to take Harry Potter 3 and not only make something that felt like a Harry Potter book but add in his own insight and style within the context of that universe. It' a little different I know because HP3 is an actual book, but I thought that movie was brilliantly done. Also, sunlight grenades.

I don't think Kick-Ass is nearly as good as Devin thinks it is, but it is still really good.
                    <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      It's certainly among the top 3 superhero movies. It's really well made.
                      I'm putting it at 4th. Spidey 2, X-Men 2, Watchmen, then Kick Ass. Kick Ass could overcome Watchmen some day, but I am a huge fan of what Snyder did with Watchmen.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        I'm putting it at 4th. Spidey 2, X-Men 2, Watchmen, then Kick Ass. Kick Ass could overcome Watchmen some day, but I am a huge fan of what Snyder did with Watchmen.
                        Switch Watchmen and Kickass and it's my order. I liked Watchmen, but it's more forced in my view than Kickass.

Comment

Working...
                        X