Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the last death- YEP.

Spoiler: "1st run survivors 
    on my first playthrough, jessica ate it because I panic and went to run instead of hide and stay still like I should have. Fuckin' dummy.

What did you think of the twist with Josh? And the reveal of the wendigos? I guess it's inevitable that there always has to be a supernatural thing but I thought it was handled very well within the world that was built. It's dumb you have to get the whole story through collectibles but they really put together a history that explains things nicely.

I'm glad you liked it, Rob. I'm really kind of surprised how much I loved this game. I'm not as big on the horror genre in general but, man, it just hit a sweet spot.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
      Re: the last death- YEP.

Spoiler: ["1st run survivors 
      on my first playthrough, jessica ate it because I panic and went to run instead of hide and stay still like I should have. Fuckin' dummy.

What did you think of the twist with Josh? And the reveal of the wendigos? I guess it's inevitable that there always has to be a supernatural thing but I thought it was handled very well within the world that was built. It's dumb you have to get the whole story through collectibles but they really put together a history that explains things nicely.

I'm glad you liked it, Rob. I'm really kind of surprised how much I loved this game. I'm not as big on the horror genre in general but, man, it just hit a sweet spot.
      I loved it.

Spoiler: spoilers 
      the twist with Josh was telegraphed SO EARLY but because they focused so much on that I completely forgot about the Wendigo hunter guy. so when he popped up and was like "EAT HUMAN = CREEPY MONSTER I was completely in. like so in. And in my playthrouhg I got a shot of the wendigo with the tattoo which Lesley didn't get and that was awesome because it was wayyyy before the reveal. It was neat. I loved trying to kill people, FUCK YOU EMILY, but I'm still completely bummed Chris died. In Ceej's playthrough my only goal is to svae Matt/Chris/Ashley.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

In all this felt like a Brian Keene novel. WHICH WAS GREAT.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Whoa, how did you get that shot?!

Spoiler:  
          i didn't get an early shot of the tattoo anywhere but put together the fate of both twins as Emily found their stuff in the mine. And then that journal Sam found sealed the deal right before Hannah pops up in the water. What a sad story for the twins. Speaking of, did you grab the journal by the waterwheel before Sam and Mike meet up with Josh? It changes Josh's fate quite a bit.

Such a good game. So happy I grabbed it at release.

Comment

Also, Emily SUUUUUUUCKS.

Comment

Emily is a fucking monster.

Comment

Figured out how to get audio with the jump scares. Drunken playthroughs are the best.

Comment

So basically your wife and your best friend are no longer in touch with their basic fight or flight instincts. I guess it'll suck when they're some of the first taken by the zombie apocalypse but there's still a place for you here at the compound, Rob.

Comment

the videos of just Lesley are the best. NO MOVEMENT AT ALL.

Fuck, I know what's coming and I still jump like a punk.

Comment

So the one that made me jump up and almost punch my TV was

Spoiler: chapter 7, maybe? 
                      the scary ghost that pops up in the basement after you unlock the dollhouse with Ashley and Chris

THREE TIMES I went through that spot and it got me EVERY TIME.

Comment

I have footage of that getting me too.

Comment

Played through the game in one sitting last night. Got Mike killed at the very end because fuck him on Agents of SHIELD.
                          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

THATS why he looked familiar! Ive only watched a couple episodes of that but it was killing me that I couldn't figure it out.

Comment

hahaha. Still going through the game trying to Jessica IN HER PANTIES yet have failed to do so. Also refuse to look at guides.

Comment

Yeah, I failed getting Jessica or anyone naked so Mike had to die. Actually the only survivors I had were Sam, Emily and Jessica. Mike would have survived but I made a decision in the end figuring it would kill him.
                                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Working...
                                X