• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And meant the weather.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Billy: Do you ever hit Papasito's down there in Texas? We used to LOVE that place.
      Oh man. Um, Matt. Man. I don't want to be rude, but JESUS CHRIST.

Papasito's (and all Tilman Fertita joints) are pretty much hell on earth. It's the place that someone from Maine goes to try Tex Mex for the first time, then you take them somewhere good to show them what they've been missing.

EDIT: Just to give some kind of structure to this reply. Tilman Fertita is an investor in the Houston area. He made his money YEARS ago buying out Landry's Seafood. He then started the Papa's chains after buying out the original Papasito's (no longer exists) and Papa's BBQ (the original flagship Papa's BBQ still exists, all others are Fertita chain spots). He then opened Papadeuax (you know, for the coonass cousins that come visit!) Babin's (a slightly higher class Landry's Seafood), Saltgrass ("steak house"), and other such chains. The equivalent to these are Chili's, Ruby Tuesday, Olive Garden etc. but all marketed solely to the Texas, mainly Houston, market. He also built a "boardwalk" in Kemah, TX that is filled with nothing but his crap eateries, and a $20 ferris wheel.

In summary, they buy up land, put up all 4 or 5 chains in one spot in any new suburb development, and wipe out much hope of a mom and pop place competing. And the food and prices range from mediocre to horrible.
      Last edited by BillyG; 09-08-2010, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• OH SNAP SON YOU DONE GOT TOLD
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• How about Chi Chis? I've heard good things. Real Good things.
          "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
          - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
          http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
          http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• I bet Don Pablo's is just as a good as anything you can get down in TX.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              OH SNAP SON YOU DONE GOT TOLD
              See, I really didn't want to be a dick, but man I have become a bit of a food snob (especially my Tex Mex) so I don't want to offend, just educate.

Also Chris. Chi Chi's? As in titties? I love em.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                I bet Don Pablo's is just as a good as anything you can get down in TX.

There's empty space on both those plates. So no. And why is that taco 3/4 empty?

EDIT: And holy shit is that supposed to be queso? Why is it dayglo orange?

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• http://forums.braindeadradio.com/sho...postcount=2166

Comment

• BUCKETS

Comment

• Pappas Steakhouse isn't bad. Neither is their BBQ place. The rest? Flush them.
                        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Which BBQ location? As I said, one is still the original, up on 45. The Pappa's Steakhouse can't really be put into the same discussion, seeing as it is not a chain, and was built to compete with the top steak houses in the state. They recently bought Vic & Anthony's and Brenner's, but luckily left all the people in place. Tilman just takes in the money from their incredible restaurants.

Comment

• Oh, and it must be said, Pappa's Steakhouse has an amazing humidor and cigar area inside that would make Iggy happy.

Comment

• The original. To this day, I haven't been anywhere that has potatoes as big as the ones they have (for the stuffed BBQ potatoes).
                              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I love these threads, as I have no clue WTF you're talking about (the chains).
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X