Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > New Releases in the theater

New Releases in the theater Like paying 10 bucks a ticket and sitting with the mouthbreathers to watch a new film? Then post about it here

Old 05-19-2017, 01:48 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Avi Arad can't go bankrupt fast enough.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 05-19-2017, 02:42 PM
I'll See You in 25 Years

BMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
And written by the guys who did ASM2.
This should be a great movie.

Twitter.com/bmkrol
Old 05-22-2017, 10:05 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Saw GotG2 last night. It was....ok.

the good:
The opening was amazing. It was beautifully shot. Those colors were amazing. Drax and Mantis were fantastic. Rocket was great and Yondu was the man. Seeing a ton of Jimmy Urine as one of Yondu's members was amazing for this MSI loving fool over here. I liked Russell and the Hasselhoff stuff.

The bad:
Having them all split up for most the movie hurt it. The music wasn't as good in my opinion as the first. It was kind of boring actually....
Old 05-22-2017, 10:10 AM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

I'm with you, Rob. I'd also add that the climax was too long and too special-effecty. I liked it but it's not close to the first one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 05-22-2017, 10:16 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

I loved it, but agree that the music ain't as good.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:20 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
I loved it, but agree that the music ain't as good.

The Fleetwood Mac musical cue was inserted in the dumbest way possible. Plus, they bungled the use of George Harrison.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:26 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

I always refered to the soundtrack of the first as an additional actor in it. Now, it's just regular music.

Beside the amazing Hasselhoff song.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:02 AM
is a bio-hexacrypt.

D.T. can rock until they drop

I like the soundtrack. It's more sombre and intimate, like the movie itself. And I loved how the songs were woven into the plot vs. being really good set dressing like the first film.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:06 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I forgot to mention that the best part for me was the fact they made Nebula a character I should give a shit about. I hated her in the first one. She worked much better in this one.

I honestly can't remember one song off the soundtrack at the moment except that Hasselhoff rap.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:07 AM
is fancy

What was the point of Sly's character? He seemed out of place in this.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:09 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
What was the point of Sly's character? He seemed out of place in this.
  Spoiler: I'm about one week from dropping spoilers on this month. 

He's Starhawk. Starhawk was an original Guardian in the comics. In said film, he's Yondu's mentor and the guy who unofficially leads all Ravagers.

Basically, he threw Yondu out for taking kids to die for easy cash.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:15 AM

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
I like the soundtrack. It's more sombre and intimate, like the movie itself. And I loved how the songs were woven into the plot vs. being really good set dressing like the first film.
Agreed, I liked the soundtrack as well. I thought that many of the songs were 100% on point. I still wish that there'd been some early 80s new wave in there, but I'm content with what we got.
Quote:
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Old 05-22-2017, 01:42 PM
is a bio-hexacrypt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Agreed, I liked the soundtrack as well. I thought that many of the songs were 100% on point. I still wish that there'd been some early 80s new wave in there, but I'm content with what we got.
Well, with Quill now in possession of a Zune (what a great joke), we'll likely get music up through the 80s and 90s.

Though I'll lament the fact that the soundtracks aren't centered around the 60s and 70s. It just works.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Well, with Quill now in possession of a Zune (what a great joke), we'll likely get music up through the 80s and 90s.

Though I'll lament the fact that the soundtracks aren't centered around the 60s and 70s. It just works.
Hopefully we'll get 'Thunder Island' for GOTG3.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-22-2017, 02:16 PM
is a bio-hexacrypt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Hopefully we'll get 'Thunder Island' for GOTG3.
This forums needs a reputation system. Just so I can give you some sort of reward in the form of imaginary points!
Old 05-22-2017, 02:24 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
This forums needs a reputation system. Just so I can give you some sort of reward in the form of imaginary points!
Click on the scales in the upper right hand corner.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:25 PM
is a bio-hexacrypt.

Well, hot damn! Imaginary points for Anderson, too!
Old 05-22-2017, 02:36 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

I'll be the asshole.

I hate both soundtracks. Nothing but elevator music my parents couldn't stand when the songs were popular.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:20 PM
is a bio-hexacrypt.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:04 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
What a wonderful gif.